Too true. Still... living at these latitudes gives us a 19 hour day to burn in the summer. The winter ya just gotta grab ahold of something new like skis, squash (the game) big dinners and fireplaces with wine and woman. September and May are my favorite months for riding, You get the road to yourself and usually its dry enough to boogie. Just got back from a short trip to the Kootenay range, my clutch or its engagement mechanism is pooched. That could be a downer but the people I met on that trip (including a bunch of Americans heading for the Atlantic on scooters) keep it all in perspective. The fall is magic, the rain tucks all the normal folk to bed, leaving the playgrounds empty. Camping becomes free, fires are ok, you can wear your gear without sweating. Utilize the local mountaineering store for the right stuff and bingo there are 4 more weeks of easy cruising ahead. Head for California or Spain and you get an extra month! Besides, I dont know about you lot but I need the 12 weeks to set this wop crate up each winter. :bier:

.. at least it seems so from time to time.

harvesttimeflies.jpg

In case I complete September on the bike and hop on again next year early in March it's still half a year of darkness to deal with :(

Hubert

I just missed "all" the summer, my fault because of bike problems and lack of time. Thanks for the tip on the phase sensor it has done the trick, bought new sensor and installed tonight, bike is now up and running again and shaking the garage walls! I'll ride some this winter, sometimes we have nice days here October and November road salt is the bad part of winter if you don't wash it off before you put the bike back in the garage you don't have much bike left!

Time does fly, the older you get the quicker it goes so do what you can while you can and slow it down a bit. Too serious for this time of night best go.

thanks again for the help,

best regards,

guzziman1100

Well, at over 35°C one might think winter were an option. Then, if I think of frozen nostrils I'd rather vote for the first scenario - just in case someone would ever ask me.

Anyway, it's not the snow that actually calmes me down. It's the red marked bits which actually make the magic of fall for me, or better the magic of not to fall, especially when I commute early and late the day.

These bits btw. are not the hooters of any slowly rising winter godness...

harvesttimeflies2.jpg

Hubert