nut cover top yoke

Jose Paulo

You have to remove the top yoke of the triple tree.

I did it 6-7 years ago, so I am sketchy on the details, but....

Remove..or drop the clipons (there's a bolt underneath as well as the clamp bolts)

Loosen up the dash and the keyswitch (don't remember what I did but it was straight forward)

Loosen the top triple clamp and lift up. You might need to help it with a rubber mallet.

The steering head bearings nuts are just castle nuts, aren't they?

You have to remove the top yoke of the triple tree.

I did it 6-7 years ago, so I am sketchy on the details, but....

Remove..or drop the clipons (there's a bolt underneath as well as the clamp bolts)

Loosen up the dash and the keyswitch (don't remember what I did but it was straight forward)

Loosen the top triple clamp and lift up. You might need to help it with a rubber mallet.

The steering head bearings nuts are just castle nuts, aren't they?

There are a nut cover on the top yoke. I dont know how to remove it.

LeMans_Dash_700p.jpg

There are a nut cover on the top yoke. I dont know how to remove it.

Looks like what I had too. It is actually just a plastic cover, you can gently stick a knife under the edge and just pry it up. It took me a while to figure that out!

The bump in the center of the top cap covers a hex socket. I didn't know that when I removed mine so I unscrewed the whole cap by grabbing it with a pair of pliers with duct taped jaws to prevent scratching. Obviously not the right way to do it but I was stumped at the time so I resorted to hackery! It worked for me. By the way, that top cap has a conventional right hand thread.