All the beauty of Guzzi's concept

ah, the spirit of the times

and the universality of fine design

well, at least two genius design gurus think alike

hence this cousin to Guzzi's er, um... sporty, red concept

store_empulse1.jpg

Lovely :wacko:

:not:

So you think it looks like the Terblanche Guzzis BFG? I don't see much resemblance.

db5b29d5a48d44bcac8f7cbb0cfdf485.jpg

I did notice that like the V11 it uses a primitive linkless monoshock rear suspension with a rear fender that is cleverly designed to throw road muck directly on the shock. The "fuel tank" looks a little bit Breva-ish too I suppose.

I'm with Paul on this. I like it and I hope they sell a bunch. To my eye it's much better looking the the other Brammo, and the pricing and range seem to make it a viable commuter or short haul fun bike. I suppose they'll need to offer some luggage capability if they want to make it more commuter friendly.

A quick google search turned up this article that says it weighs 390lbs and has 55hp and 59 ft-lbs of torque.

http://www.laptopdrv.net/2010/07/14/brammo-goes-travel-fighting-with-a-100mph-empulse-electric-motorcycle-video/

Well, actually, it mostly looks better than the Guzzi Oddsmobile.

It's just a pity that the whole midriff looks it's bursting out of one of Guzzirider's Friday night party corsets. Not nice.

If you want luggage?

Brammo_Store_Parts_SoftshellSaddlebags_940x627_1.jpg

I suppose it does make sense for commuting, when for me, the petrol motor doesn't get warmed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMIRhNir4FY

However for me, the point of the bike, the whole enjoyment of it, is wrapped up with internal combustion. I can't imagine riding on a soul-less, life-less battery.

A quick google search turned up this article that says it weighs 390lbs and has 55hp and 59 ft-lbs of torque.

http://www.laptopdrv.net/2010/07/14/brammo-goes-travel-fighting-with-a-100mph-empulse-electric-motorcycle-video/

Those guys say that you're best to get off and push the 'thing': it goes faster. Maybe that's 'cos the battery's runs down?

"The Empulse is a in advance depart from the Enertia, indicated by a way the company is promoting a thing. When you exam rode which first bike Brammo reps were a small cagey about its tip speed, primarily indicating it would be limited to 50mph but later observant it’d do over 60 if you pushed it. With the Empulse they’re creation no bones about the 100mph+ tip speed. "

"It's just a pity that the whole midriff looks it's bursting out of one of Guzzirider's Friday night party corsets." :lol::lol::lol:

It looks a bit like an electric Ducati Monster to me. I think Monsters are cool so this is too. I doubt that I'd like riding a quiet shiftless electric bike either but I'm going to reserve judgement until I've actually tried one.

Motorcyclist magazine has an e-bike issue out this month. The Moto Czysz that won the Isle of Man TTXGP is allegedly putting out 135hp and 250 ft/lbs of torque. When they figure out how to make an affordable street bike with power like that I think it might sell pretty well.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_1011_micahel_czysz_electric_superbike/index.html

Not that it's ugly or so, but what's it for? You could ride the tramway as well. For sports purposes only there will be neither market nor spectators. It reminds me a bit to the Pat and Patachon silent film where they invented the noiseless gunpowder.

hubert

I would love to have a little electric car for the daily errands around town. In the winter you could turn it on and have instant heat, they are nearly free to fuel up compared to gas and no noise. Of course you still have to keep the ICE engined car and bike for longer trips, but here in america most of us have more than one vehicle anyway.

I love the thought of a silent bike, being able to cruise down the road in the country and actually hear something other than the engine for a change. Dont get me wrong, the Goose sounds pretty damn cool with the fbf's on it too. The world will be moving away from gasoline wether we like it or not so its nice to see that people are out there taking chances and trying to build the next great thing.

Personally I like the hydrogen fueled car so theres no recharge time.

Cars are something different, same as small city scooters.

Actually the government pushes a lot of money into these developements, so there's more of them to come over the next few years - mostly driven by nuclear or coal power by the way.

hubert