V11 Center Stand - install

PeterConti

HI - i am new to the site and just got hold of a nice 2000 V11 Sport. I also managed to get a Moto Guzzi Center stand kit thanks to the fine folks at Harpers. Of course there are no mounting instructions. I have searched the archives to no avail. Does anyone have a photo of a V11 with a center stand mounted so i can get some idea of how it goes together? thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at Harper's site and the only stand I see is one for a Breva. This doesn't seem likely to fit a V11 as the Breva frame is about the same as the old small block V-50 frame. If they say it will work, I defer to them, but... I have a Teo Lammers stand on my 2000 V11 Sport. It was fairly easy to install, but took some "adjustment" to make it fit. I don't recall if it came with any instructions but I'll look around. I may also have some pics. I think there was as forum string on it that I looked at when I installed mine. The big problem is that the stand is mounted WAY to far rearwards so it takes all my weight and strength to get the bike up on the stand. I therefore mostly only use it in the shop. I only weigh 125, so if you are bigger this may not be such a problem. Good luck.... Motopierrre