computer adjustment

mbadcompany

my 03 v11 has a major problem with the fuel injection dureing cold start to warm.If fires up fine but wants to stall once the bike starts to warm up.Does anyone know the computer setting the bike comes from the factory with ? My next question is has anyone switched over to carbs from fuel injection.

my 03 v11 has a major problem with the fuel injection dureing cold start to warm.If fires up fine but wants to stall once the bike starts to warm up.Does anyone know the computer setting the bike comes from the factory with ? My next question is has anyone switched over to carbs from fuel injection.

Did you check all the settings (TPS, valves, balance the throttle bodies, etc)... usually that will go a long ways towards these kinds of troubles.

#1 You need to set the valves, throttle bodies,TPS, etc.

#2 Purchase a PowerCommander from a dealer/installer & have it mapped for your altitude & humidity.

#3 You will go back in time 100 yrs. to go to carbs.

#1 You need to set the valves, throttle bodies,TPS, etc.

#2 Purchase a PowerCommander from a dealer/installer & have it mapped for your altitude & humidity.

#3 You will go back in time 100 yrs. to go to carbs.

if you went to carbs how would you send a TPS signal to the CPU?

my 03 v11 has a major problem with the fuel injection dureing cold start to warm....

As long as I read this correctly as some sort of transition problem and if this really is something that hurts you so much you want to spend some money on it, then TuneEdit is the only affordable solution to cure it. A PC cannot address that sort of problem.

hubert

Who ever installs carburetors on this bike must understand there will be NO timing advance whatsoever. It will have base timing only. A person would hopefully not install a carb. setup on their car because it had some glitches they couldn't fix or wouldn't pay to get fixed.

If you hunt around here & over at wildguzzi, you can probably turn up some threads of those who've switched from FI to carbs: I believe someone was doing a custom based on a Daytona [heresy!] or Centauro [cheapest & best solution for the hideous stock bodywork, making a nekkid custom out of the bike :thumbsup:] where he went to carbs, largely for styling purposes. I think you have to retrofit the electronic ignition from an original Spot 1100 to go down this road, and there aren't a lot of those laying around [because of course, the carb'd Sport only had 2 years of production, and Guzzi's production #s in the '90s were low low low to begin with...]

While I like the TEOTWAWKI functionality of carbs over EFI [electronic things typically dislike me: my being a naturally high-output source of static electricity prolly has something to do with it! :grin:], in the grand scheme of things, EFI does offer advantages in fuel mileage and power output. Less sensitive to stale fuel, to boot. Even if you did manage to find the electronic ignition off a Spot & retrofit it to your '03, you're still dependent upon a battery for starting: no kicker on these beasts, and no magneto so bump starting them is out. And the battery is more likely to fail than the EFI, once it's all set up correctly.

In short: keep the EFI, get yourself a nice magneto-powered dirtbike in case of the zombie apocalypse [zoomba porklips?] and pocket the difference in cubic $ you would spend making your Guzzi less capable than it is over the cost of the dirt bike. :luigi:

:thumbsup:

:bike: