Messing with the LeMans

badge502

Itst not great riding weather, so Im bored and looking at the LeMans... This usually gets me in trouble, and costs money... BUT, Im going to ask these questions anyway...

What is the '02 LeMans tank made out of?

Since its fuel injected, if I was to change out the exhaust to a cross-over and cans (Mistrals, if I can find some used), standard air box set up to individual K&N's, and a PCIII... What else am I forgetting, and is this do-able? I know Im about 8 years late to this party, but it's what I have to work with, and I like the LeMans/V11 for the most part.

Im also thinking about take the fairing off, and going with something a little smaller...

I'd like to cafe-erize it a bit, and wonder if anyone has had any success with changing over to a different seat/seat pan combo...

See? all this is money down a rat hole, but you cant take it with you...

Itst not great riding weather, so Im bored and looking at the LeMans... This usually gets me in trouble, and costs money... BUT, Im going to ask these questions anyway...

Since its fuel injected, if I was to change out the exhaust to a cross-over and cans (Mistrals, if I can find some used), standard air box set up to individual K&N's, and a PCIII... What else am I forgetting, and is this do-able? I know Im about 8 years late to this party, but it's what I have to work with, and I like the LeMans/V11 for the most part.

Im also thinking about take the fairing off, and going with something a little smaller...

I'd like to cafe-erize it a bit, and wonder if anyone has had any success with changing over to a different seat/seat pan combo...

The tank is plastic. Beyond that vague description, I cannot offer more.

I personally think it is worth it to change the crossover and the exhaust. You get a much nicer exhaust note and with the Stucchi crossover, you lose the 4000ish rpm dip in hp. Overall, it makes the bike more rideable. I don't think you get much more power out of it, but since it is louder, it seems faster :rolleyes:

Changing the intake to K&N's provides a great 'honk' on acceleration.

I didn't need a PCIII when I did mine. I just set the TPS a little richer and it runs just fine- the plugs look good, too.

Welcome to the rat-hole.

If you are going to let that fairing go please let us know. I am in the market for one. Thanks.

If you are going to let that fairing go please let us know. I am in the market for one. Thanks.

Im going to keep the fairing... It does a great job, Im just thinking about changing things up a little bit...