1995 carb sport ecu needed

ajonen

I have a 1995 carb sport which supposedly has a bad ecu. It is a carb bike, but the timing is adjusted by a electronic device connected to a vacuum tube. This part costs $800 and is not returnable. Does anyone else have a bike similar to this? I would pay to use your ecu for a test if anything.

The bike will not accelerate smoothly when hitting the throttle hard. The timing will not advance.

Yes, but to be sure this is the exact part: Digiplex 2S Magneti Marelli ECU

?

Of course my ebay account is now locked out for some reason.

I don't know about the variations in the curves if at all.

If you look at my signature you will see that I make an ignition module that will replace the Digiplex and I've got one in a Sport 1100 producing good results.

You should continue to try and find one you can test with.It sounds strange that it goes bad but still runs the bike. I would think it works or it doesn't. The fuel side sounds much more likely the problem.

How do you know it doesn't advance? Have you seen it with a timing light?

If you look at my signature you will see that I make an ignition module that will replace the Digiplex and I've got one in a Sport 1100 producing good results.

You should continue to try and find one you can test with.It sounds strange that it goes bad but still runs the bike. I would think it works or it doesn't. The fuel side sounds much more likely the problem.

I agree, more likely a carb issue, especially if yor bike has sat up for any amount of time. Try a carb clean and sync before spending the big bucks.

I agree, more likely a carb issue, especially if yor bike has sat up for any amount of time. Try a carb clean and sync before spending the big bucks.

I had my mechanic work on it and he did do a full carb adjustment and sync. The carbs are of course not the standard ones on the bike. We sent in the ECU and were told it was dead. If we disconnect the vacuum tube it still runs the same. If the throttle is really hit it just dies like it won't advance.

I had my mechanic work on it and he did do a full carb adjustment and sync. The carbs are of course not the standard ones on the bike. We sent in the ECU and were told it was dead. If we disconnect the vacuum tube it still runs the same. If the throttle is really hit it just dies like it won't advance.

You're wacking the throttle open at idle? It dies before it revs up? If so this is not an advancing issue. In fact opening the throttle generally reduces the advance.

Do you have accelerator pumps? Try disconnecting them if you can.

I can vouch for Cliff's products, I have one of his MyECU units on my injected Sport

http://www.jefferies-au.org/MyECU/technical_site_map.html

• 3 weeks later...

I got the cdi unit on the bike you recommended and that was DEF the problem. It runs a lot better.

I have mikuni flatslides on it now. 38 I think. The do NOT have accelerator pumps that I see.

The bike is back in the shop to adjust the carbs and hopefully that will resolve all my issues.