Should I buy this V11 Lemans for $4900?

slowlorisglory

Just wanted to add that it's truly an honor to have so many dedicated and accomplished riders giving me advice. The internet truly is a wonder.

As is THIS :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

v12_11.jpg

what parts of what models is this red beauty?

Anyone know?

Looks like Oz wheels to me. Ohlins forks. Is that Pauls bike?

Looks like custom exhaust and custom tailpiece too.

what parts of what models is this red beauty?

Anyone know?

Well I know, the thing is standing 3 meters from me.

Base is 1000 daytona, tail is modified Magni Australia. Gearbox v11, swingarm extended 60mm, suspension rsv mille. Headangle 2 degree steeper, engine bigbore 100mm, 1225cc, 115 hp at wheel. Wheels PVM forged alu.

Silencer, self designed. As a lot of Alu parts that were self designed and made from billet alu.

For more pictures click on banner in my signature.

For the v11, depends on you, if you can't handle this bike, a Monster or 600cc sports will be more dangerous. Or you are small and have a low weight. when ou take it easy and take your time to learn, no problem, but if you go with friends that drive like Biaggi, any bike is a problem. Driving alone is better when you have to learn it.

Anyway, stay away from the one road we see all day on youtube: Mulholland hwy, else we might see you fail there on youtube.

This how it looks today:

DSC013011024.jpg

As always- that's a nice bike, Paul!

Slow- I agree with others- get a smaller, cheaper bike for the time being and move up or sideways later on. I'm a big fan of enduros, but they are tall, so it depends on your stature.

If you want to hone your riding skills, then consider taking a MSF course.

Hey Paul,

Nice Bike! :thumbsup:

I'm wondering why you say that a Monster or a 600 sport bike would be MORE dangerous. I believe you, I just don't understand why :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the feedback everyone . . .

because they are lighter, and have a better power/weight ratio. A current 600 sportsbike has much more power then this Guzzi. And is lighter.

...because they are lighter, and have a better power/weight ratio. A current 600 sportsbike has much more power then this Guzzi. And is lighter.

There's no simple equation, it's swings & roundabouts & factors like riding position, weight distribution are also relevant. Weight works both ways. V11 is very heavy: a light bike will be more manageable in lots of situations. Which bike would you rather have to stop (or change direction) very quickly on, along a bumpy, twisty road? The V11 has low max power figure, but makes a lot of torque. Power figures are not the end of the story: for most people, most of the time it's torque & the where in the revband the power & torque is delivered that are relevant. The only way a small engine makes big power is by high revs. Narrow bars, racing crouch & a high revving, relatively peaky engine might not be the best for a beginner. The SV650 twin or similar, might be a good, manageable, cheapish compromise.

KB

I think it all revolves around your physical size.. If 6 feet or over you can probably handle it fine as a learner bike.. small guy? learn on a smaller bike but the Ducati's you mention might have a little too much spunk as a first bike.

have you ever used a clutch? a lighter bike will be easier to learn that part.

IMAG0314.jpg