Au Revoir V11

george42

Said a sad farewell to my beloved v11 last week ,5 years of ownership in which i allways felt i was riding somthing a bit differant and classy ,not that some of my mates would agree, boy have i had enough of the comments of where do you fit the ploughing attachments and didnt Henry the eighth have one of thoughs ,mind u i would make them eat there words on twisty mountain roads .

She suffered all the usual gremlins,gearchange spring ,dodgy speedos,duf neutal switch,(duf oil press switch which left me stranded on the motorway in a thunderstorm), ect ect, not quite honda reliability ,but so much more satisfiying.

Great forum and full usefull info on faults and servicing especially the throttle bodies set up and balancing which on mine needed doing every 3/4 thousand miles to keep it smooth as after i unpacked the cans (see the thread) it became more sensative and the TPS had to be spot on .

Sadly familiarity breeds contempt and i fancied a change and a bit more go which it has allways lacked a bit as i had a firestorm before and ihave missed thoughs missing 20 horses . My new toy is a Aprilia tuono and its a new world and a very fast one at that ,its not got the same charm and a bit devoid of character but at least its italien ana a v twin. Busy rebuilding my 78 le mans so i can still hold my head high as quirky guzzi rider !!.

Cheers All George