Mistral cans..

Trevini

This one got my curiousity, so I spent yesterday emailing mistral in Italy.

I got my black oval carbon fibre cans in Agostinis in Mandello in 2002. They don't have anything resembling a db killer.

It seems I got the "racing cans", which obviously wouldn't have db killers.

I've got a mistral x over on the way next week(thankyou Jaap), so that should improve the sound a bit. I'll keep you posted!

No Mistral cans aren't marked in any way, though they do provide a couple of stickers which look a bit naff, so quite likely the previous owner didn't stick them on ( I didn't as they look much better without them). As supplied in the UK the Mistrals don't have any baffles at all - you can see straight through them - I think the "DB killers" must be an optional extra. And yes, the sound is quite muted at small throttle openings, but that's what I like about them - it means I can ride around town with an illegal exhaust without attracting attention from the police, and as you say they still sound great when you open it up.

Thanks for that. They do open up with the throttle and yet still do not get me kicked out of my condo. Perfect.

Loving the guzzi, dead regulator and speedo and all. The seller works at Moto International here in Seattle and replacing both this weekend. I hope to get some real miles on it this weekend after the regulator is replaced.