Help Identofying Connector

SMDL

Hi, folks.

I am starting to put my 2003 Le Mans back together after completing a lot of work, and have come across a connector that I am pretty sure I did not disconnect, and for which I can find nothing to connect to. Looking at the wiring diagram, I can see that there is supposed to be diagnostic connector somewhere, and thought that this might be it, but it appears that it is supposed to be a 3-wire conenctor, where this is 4-wire. The colors don't seem to match either. The connector sits under the left side-cover, just at the bottom of the airbox. I have attached a pic, and hope that someone can help me figure out where is goes.

Thanks!

Shaun

IMG_4300_Small.jpg

I will look at a wiring diagram n see. what are the colors (red/blk stripe) n sequence on the connector?

Thanks for the response. Sorry for the late reply -- I have been in the garage all day.

I have the side cover back on now, but from what I recall, and can see in the picture, I believe it was:

Black

Red/Black

Red

White/Black

Everything seems to be working fine, which would seem to support my feeling that I had not disconnected this connection.

Thanks,

Shaun

Shaun,

The ALDL connector is a 3 wire plug with blue,black & brown wires. Can you tug on the 4 wire connector to see where it goes in the wiring harness ? I have looked and cannot find a 4 wire connector with your combination of wires. If EVERYTHING works, ride it.

Shaun,

The ALDL connector is a 3 wire plug with blue,black & brown wires. Can you tug on the 4 wire connector to see where it goes in the wiring harness ? I have looked and cannot find a 4 wire connector with your combination of wires. If EVERYTHING works, ride it.

Thanks for looking -- I couldn't see it on the diagram either. When I tried to trace it, I couldn't localize it completely. It did seem to go back towards the ECU, though...

Cheers,

Shaun

I am starting to put my 2003 Le Mans back together after completing a lot of work, and have come across a connector that I am pretty sure I did not disconnect, and for which I can find nothing to connect to. ... The connector sits under the left side-cover, just at the bottom of the airbox.

Shaun:

That connector usually lives under the seat, and is the diagnostic port for which nobody really has much use unless you've got an Axone or other factory tool to plug it into. [i'm not certain if a PC3 or V even uses it: don't they plug in btw the normal ECU multiprong plug to the wiring harness & the ECU?]

It would be wonderful if that plug gave us access to reflashing the ECU, but that is unfortunately not the case [sigh.] :rolleyes: