losing charge

nudemetalz

Okay, I'm having one hell of a time trying to debug the charging system. There's basically no charging going on whatsoever. This is on a 2002 V11 with electrosport Esr515. Seems to point toward the RR, but diode test shows them as good. Alternator puts out 25v at idle and I can get it up to about 50-60v around 4k rpm. I've checked the wiring harness according to a debug chart I found on here. . I'll post it once I figure out how to do that. Basically resistance from the RR to battery and thru sense loop for RR seems good. Is it possible that the regulator is still bad?

The ESR515 needs the same connections as a the stock Ducati Energia

You must have

A direct connection to battery + for the red wire, if it has a fuse inspect that closely for signs of overheating e.g. blackened plastic.

The black wire of the Black/white pair must have the battery Voltage on it with the key On, this comes from the headlight relay, you must have a 5 pin relay in the Start position

The Voltage on the black wire turns the regulator On, the headlight should be working. You may have a black wire coming out of the loom, it's too small

The case must be solidly grounded, that's how the current gets back to the alternator, the bracket the regulators mounted on is not well grounded, most guys add a short wire between the regulator and a timing cover bolt. (#16 is big enough)

I sent you a PM