Power commander maps

swortsoul

As I mentioned in another thread, I just got a 2002 Le Mans. It's running a bit rough in first at low revs. It has a power commander, mistral pipes, and a mistral cross over. Does anyone have a map I can test out? If nothing else, I'd like to play with the power comander a bit. When I bought the bike, I decided that I was going to try most maintenance on it myself. I have a long way to go since the most I've ever really done before is change oil and put on pipes.

Any maps would be appreciated.

try this one, perennial problem with V11s is that they are lean between 2000 and 3000 rpm, no doubt to meet tough emissions laws in Switzerland and California. This leads to jerky running and response between 10 and 20% of throttle opening. Map attached is for a V11 with mistrals and K & N type plat filter in a stock airbox; it might work for you. It's very good for my bike, no jerking on the overrun, no hiccup, no flat spots at all.

Hope it helps

Jon

110514 v11.djm

Running rough at low revs can be caused by a lot of things; the throttle bodies being out of balance, an intake boot leak, an exhaust leak, or a throttle position sensor that's out of adjustment, along with an incorrect PCIII map. It won't hurt to try different maps or to remove the PCIII completely, but I would suggest that you might want to check the stuff mentioned above before mucking with maps.

Here's a old thread that might apply to your situation:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15683&st=0&p=169513&hl=micha&fromsearch=1entry169513

These bikes are pretty easy to work on but if you're not comfortable trying the things mentioned in the thread above you, unlike many here, have one of the most experienced Guzzi mechanics in the country nearby, Micha at Moto International. He'll get it running right for you if you don't want to get into it yourself.

Good luck! :luigi:

Running rough at low revs can be caused by a lot of things; the throttle bodies being out of balance, an intake boot leak, an exhaust leak, or a throttle position sensor that's out of adjustment, along with an incorrect PCIII map. It won't hurt to try different maps or to remove the PCIII completely, but I would suggest that you might want to check the stuff mentioned above before mucking with maps.

Here's a old thread that might apply to your situation:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15683&st=0&p=169513&hl=micha&fromsearch=1entry169513

These bikes are pretty easy to work on but if you're not comfortable trying the things mentioned in the thread above you, unlike many here, have one of the most experienced Guzzi mechanics in the country nearby, Micha at Moto International. He'll get it running right for you if you don't want to get into it yourself.

Good luck! :luigi:

I'm comfortable trying anything because if I screw something up, I can take it to Micha. I actually bought this bike off of him. He mentioned working with the PC first. I can always go back to the current map. I will take a look at that stuff, so thanks for that.

In fact, I bought new intake boots today. One of them has started to crack, but not all the way though yet.

Thanks all for the maps.