Risers...MPH? Convertabars? Bar Conversion?

IBA 270

Why yes, I've absolutely done a search...but I can't say that I've been able to definatively find good feedback on what I need.

Long story short..I'm a big dude with bad knees. I've got track bikes for practicing my Yoga...I need just a smidge of rise for the Le Mans. I'd prefer NOT to do a bar conversion as I like the clip ons. I THINK that leaves MPH and Convertibars if I'm not mistaken. If there's another idea...and pennytech is welcome, I'd love to hear it.

It looked like a few people tried some options several years ago that just didn't pan out and are no longer available...but again, ideas are much appreciated!

Why yes, I've absolutely done a search...but I can't say that I've been able to definatively find good feedback on what I need.

Long story short..I'm a big dude with bad knees. I've got track bikes for practicing my Yoga...I need just a smidge of rise for the Le Mans. I'd prefer NOT to do a bar conversion as I like the clip ons. I THINK that leaves MPH and Convertibars if I'm not mistaken. If there's another idea...and pennytech is welcome, I'd love to hear it.

It looked like a few people tried some options several years ago that just didn't pan out and are no longer available...but again, ideas are much appreciated!

I would go with the MPH, a nice product that retains the clip ons

I would go with the MPH, a nice product that retains the clip ons

I certainly like the clean look of the MPH risers. Not that the convertibars are bad, just look "busy" with a lot of stuff going on around the triple with them. The MPH option almost looks factory...IMO...

I went for a bar conversion - Renthal ultralows on pull-back risers. Probably a bit more effort than MPH etc, as it means drilling the top yoke, but quite a lot cheaper. I'm very happy with the results - as well as being more comfortable it makes the bike feel a LOT lighter and easier to control on twisty backroads with steep hills hairpins etc. You get a lot more leverage with bars. Here's a pic of my set-up

SN850376.jpg

Fitted a set of the MPH risers, for me, it turned a good riding position into a great one. Brought the bars back and up just enough. Enjoy your Guzzi !

Cheers,

Van

Agreed. I installed the MPH risers on my '03 Le Mans a few weeks ago. Very happy with both the look and the comfort. The MotoBits footpeg relocation kit made things just perfect!

MPH risers here...saving for the footpeg relocators.

Thanks for the replies!!

The bar conversion looks very nice too...just not sure how if fits on the LeMans...

I have MG Ballabio bars and risers on my LeMans. They're real close to the fairing at full lock but they do fit if you slightly reposition the fluid reservoirs. I can dig up the rise/setback etc numbers on my setup if anybody needs them.

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg