Can't get my rear wheel off

FifeV11

Hey,

I'm West of Dunfermline, hope to see you around. And there was me telling myself I was the only one in Scotland!

Hi, As Guy says there are a few of us around. fife/lothian area is actually a hotspot for V11,s in Scotland :whistle:

Gary

• 1 month later...

I have a 2004 Lemans Rosso Corsa. with a Bridstone B020 180/55 ZR 17" rear tyre (standard for the bike)

Struggled to take my rear wheel out tonight.

I followed the instructions in the handbook but found it impossible, the axle came out easily enough but the brake caliper support remained pinned to the left swinging arm. To remove the wheel I had to also remove a spring clip and then remove a stepped allan bolt that goes through the left swinging arm, through a small square block and through the brake caliper support. Is this normal, there is no mention of it in either the instruction manual or the posts above. Initially I removed the brake caliper and the spring clip and slid the caliper support out of the way but it is still impossible ti get the wheel rim past this stepped allan bolt, it has to come out. I also found I had to force the tyre between the rear gearbox and the left swinging arm. Having got the wheel free I took the opportunity of checking the cush-drive, as many have found it was rusted solid, also used the blowlamp trick to free the allan bolts.. After much tapping, levering and application of WD40 it is now free. All has been greased and back together now. I can't believe it is so hard to remove the rear wheel - such a step foward since my old T3!

...I can't believe it is so hard to remove the rear wheel...

:oldgit: It'll most likely be easier when you've done it a few times. More room if you can get rear of bike up highish (stock rear mudguard assy?). I always remove caliper bracket etc. Far as I can see you did same as I do. Don't forget to clip brakehose back in place.

KB :sun: