That odd vibration you feel...

callison

Might be the front engine mount bolt that's gone missing because your front engine case has cracked at both front mounts.

Rats! Looks like the V11 Sport is out of commission yet again!

Now if I can just make it home in one piece...

Guest captain nemo

Can you put up some pictures? :pic:

By the way, did you get my email?

You are very lucky you had this spotted out. Now I'm going to go over the Guzz with a fine tooth comb before mounting.

Yikes..... :o

Too bad, that's gonna entail major surgery. I guess on the bright side, it'll give you the opportunity to tinker with the engine if you want to while it's apart :huh2:

...I guess you'll have to revisit your insurance claim again. I wonder if they'll total it now, since it was close before, right??

al

Well, I gotta get it home before I take pictures, but I will do that because it's so "interesting" to look at. Well, whaddya know... while I'm sitting here, the WP forks and rear shock have shown up. Good time to uh, take a bike apart, you know? I wonder how fast I can get a new timing cover and gasket. Jeez, all I need are four parts. It's not major surgery either, the hardest part is to pull the alternator.

PIC00013.gif

PIC00014.gif

PIC00015.gif

The dramatic thing about digital cameras and photo editing software is that you can heighten contrast, change lighting or whatever is necessary to show something like cracks in engine mounts.

September 18th, just leaving my driveway and getting up to about 20 mph, I looked down to check my speed and in that portion of a second, my neighbor backed out of his driveway at 15 mph and right into me. I only got 210 feet from my house. Bent forks, front wheel, destroyed fender, broken brake lever, pedal and footpeg, mirror, bent brake disk etc. Massive bruises and some good scrapes. And now, 2000 miles after the repair, the motor mounts have shown the long term effects. At the impact, the front wheel came all of the way into the motor. I might have a sprung front sub-frame that is placing stress on the mounts, I don't know, and won't until after I have detached the timing gear cover and taken some measurements. This is the first bike I've ever bothered to put back together after an accident. Obviously, there are some details that have to monitored. The bike never felt squirrely or anything else, except that I thought the crappy feel of the forks was the LeMans forks I put on the bike. That could still be true, but I now have a complete set of WP components off of a Sport 1100i, so those go on along with whatever repairs are done to the front cover. Since it looks majorly fractured and there are chunks out of it, I'm electing to replace it and not chase after traveling cracks or anything. Unfortunately, MGNA is doing inventory, so nothing can be done for a while through my local dealer. I will be checking in with some other well known dealers though, to see if they have the parts and can ship them to me. I literally need only four parts, the engine mount bolt and lock washer, timing cover and it's gasket. Not too big of a deal as long as the sub-frame isn't bent. At least I have other bikes nearby to check against.