Angle Tire/rim Valve Stem Size?

GuzziYang

Hi All,

Got a 02 V11 Le Mans and during a recent tire change I want to installed a angle tire valve stem to ease the tire pressure check procedure at the gas station. My research suggest there are two stem size available, one is 11.3mm diameter for most Japanese bikes and the other size is 8.3mm that fits Ducati's and Triumph's rims.

I bought both to be sure and when my tire shop remove my tire stem both size's won't fit as the stock Brembo rims use a odd 6+mm size. I can not find any angle vavle stem in the 6mm size rang so my questions is that have any members sucessufully installed a angle valve stem on their stock rims? If yes, where did you get them?

Thanks

Frank

Hi All,

Got a 02 V11 Le Mans and during a recent tire change I want to installed a angle tire valve stem to ease the tire pressure check procedure at the gas station. My research suggest there are two stem size available, one is 11.3mm diameter for most Japanese bikes and the other size is 8.3mm that fits Ducati's and Triumph's rims.

I bought both to be sure and when my tire shop remove my tire stem both size's won't fit as the stock Brembo rims use a odd 6+mm size. I can not find any angle vavle stem in the 6mm size rang so my questions is that have any members sucessufully installed a angle valve stem on their stock rims? If yes, where did you get them?

Thanks

Frank

I need to change or at least tighten my rear tire valve stem. Somebody here recommended the Ariete:

http://www.motowheel...or=&collection=

but they come in 8.3mm, not 6. Hmm. I still haven't gotten mine from the dealer. Keep us posted.

Edit: you might try contacting these guys too: http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/tire_valves/index.htm

Hi, when I repainted the Scura rims I sourced 83 degree stems from an Ebay seller, http://stores.ebay.com/kurveygirl, they were the 8.3mm ones because I couldn't get that size here in NZ, hence the Ebay purchase, and had no issues fitting these.

The holes in your rim aren't fouled with paint or burrs of any sort? Seems odd that the 8.3mm won't fit as they are recommended for the Brembo rims.

Hope you get it sorted, I can recommend the seller and the stems are top quality and really do make checking tire pressure so much easier.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

Thanks

Frank

Hello Frank, great name, same as my dearly missed father!! Anyways.....did you ever get this valve stem fitment issue for your 2002 V11 Lemans rims figured out?? It sounds like the above poster didn't have any problem with the 8.3 m.m. valve stems in his Scrua rims!??? I have a 2002 V-11 Lemans, not a Scura, but one would think that the Bembo rims are the same!???

Hello Frank, great name, same as my dearly missed father!! Anyways.....did you ever get this valve stem fitment issue for your 2002 V11 Lemans rims figured out?? It sounds like the above poster didn't have any problem with the 8.3 m.m. valve stems in his Scrua rims!??? I have a 2002 V-11 Lemans, not a Scura, but one would think that the Bembo rims are the same!???

Sorry forgot the post for a while, I finally figure out the problem were the angle valve stem I got is actually a 9.5/10mm size that did not fit into the Japanese 11.3mm standard or the European 8.3mm size as I should of measure first as I just eyeball compare the two and assume the smaller one is the 8.3mm size. I still don't know what bike use a valve stem size of 10mm, Harley's? as it look vary much like the Ariete Italian stems. My 02 Lemans indeed has a Brembo rim and the next tire change will get the new (correct)valve stem installed.

My Lemans is as sorted as it can be for now (relays replaced, shift springs replaced, valve adjustment etc..) so I'm just enjoying riding it any chance I get, and always brings a smile to my face and draw a crowd anytime at bike nights.