Parts question.

rex007can

Long story short.

Crashed my V11

Sent it to a shop.

Got them to repair the handlebars, and replace the rear tranny cover seal.

I was going to replace the dials and headlight myself.

To replace the rear cover seal, they had to remove the swingarm and the drive shaft.

The incompetent idiots apparently didn't notice THAT THE SWIGNARM IS BENT!!!!!!!

SO freakin bent in fact, that IT CRACKED THE REAR MUDGUARD!!!

How BLIND do you have to BE to MISS THAT!??!!

Sigh...

Anyways... there's a Centauro swingarm on Ebay. Looks the same but I know, looks can be deceiving.

SO... does anyone know if a Centauro swingarm will fit on a 2001 V11 Sport?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Yes, I know.

No, it won't: the 6-spd gearbox on a V11 is much different from the 5-spd Centauro gearbox, part of the purpose of the 6-spd box was to move the shaft down & over to make more room for a wider rear tire than the old Sport/Daytona/Centauro spine frames could support.

I have a V11 swingarm that I snared off eBay [for too much money] with the idea of designing a jig around it to make aluminum swingarms [because the best mod to any Guzzi is lower unsprung wt off the rear axle.] After receipt I discovered that the reason it had been replaced(?) by the P.O. was because the bearings were toast. Not that that matters for my purposes, but you should know in case you think you'd want it. You can have it for what I have in it + shipping [i've given up on grandiose schemes for utilizing time I don't have... for now. :thumbsup: ]

It is hard for me to believe that the rear swingarm would bend from a crash, unless perhaps another vehicle hit the rear of the bike from the side :huh2:

Any pictures for us to see what you are talking about?

Mike

It is hard for me to believe that the rear swingarm would bend from a crash

Mike

Believing has nothing to do with it.

The tubing on the right side that goes diagonally down from the rear shock to the main part of the swingarm is bent outwards, and has cracked the rear mudguard.

That was my thought, too. Is it really bent? The swing arm looks really weird and 'pre-bent', if you like, especially when you see it the first time naked. The mudguard on the other hand is probably very hard to break, being made of rather soft stuff. The bike would have been looking quite strange with a swingarm bent that much.

Hubert

Long story short.

Crashed my V11

Sent it to a shop.

Got them to repair the handlebars, and replace the rear tranny cover seal.

I was going to replace the dials and headlight myself.

To replace the rear cover seal, they had to remove the swingarm and the drive shaft.

The incompetent idiots apparently didn't notice THAT THE SWIGNARM IS BENT!!!!!!!

SO freakin bent in fact, that IT CRACKED THE REAR MUDGUARD!!!

How BLIND do you have to BE to MISS THAT!??!!

Sigh...

Anyways... there's a Centauro swingarm on Ebay. Looks the same but I know, looks can be deceiving.

Thanks.

How did you crash?

Is this an insurance job or out of pocket ? Most bikes a wrecked from the front so SOMEONE parting out V11s should have a rear swingarm.

p.s. you must have had some real winners repairing the bike if this got past them.