Free used K&N filter

Skeeve

Not really a classified, & I think the whole "can't reply to classified threads" to be a HUGE PITA, so I'm posting here:

I have a used K&N V11 air filter that came with an airbox lid I ordered off of eBay some time back. Since I'm into owning my Guzzi for the long haul, I have no interest in the K&N. Anyone who wants it can have it for the cost of shipping.

NB: it was pretty filthy when I rec'd. it, and sat in that condition on the shelf for the last couple years. K&N wants you to buy their fancy-schmancy filter cleaner spray, but I tried some orange cleaner 1st [loosened quite a bit of the grime, but nowhere near clean enough], and then got smart & used what I think is probably the cheapest solution for anyone who's going to be using one of these on an ongoing basis: Spray&Wash laundry stain pre-treatment! :thumbsup: Lay the filter dirty side up in the kitchen sink, spray it down heavily w/ the Spray&Wash, flip it over, spray it again on the clean side w/ the Sp&W, let it sit for awhile [overnight? I just gave it 15 minutes or so while I adjourned to the throne room], & then rinse it down w/ hot water from the tap, & man: look at the gunge wash down the drain! :luigi:

Since Spray&Wash is designed for removing heavy grease & protein stains from fabric, I figured it would be pretty ideal for this task [removal of oil & proteinaceous bug effluvium from loosely woven burlap], & it seems I was pretty much on the mark! :nerd:

Anyhow, if you want the dang thing, reply to this thread so any latecomers will know they missed out w/o my having to post an update. We'll sort out the shipping & payment privately once I see a response to the thread.

Ciao!

:bike:

Not really a classified, & I think the whole "can't reply to classified threads" to be a HUGE PITA, so I'm posting here:

I have a used K&N V11 air filter that came with an airbox lid I ordered off of eBay some time back. Since I'm into owning my Guzzi for the long haul, I have no interest in the K&N. Anyone who wants it can have it for the cost of shipping.

NB: it was pretty filthy when I rec'd. it, and sat in that condition on the shelf for the last couple years. K&N wants you to buy their fancy-schmancy filter cleaner spray, but I tried some orange cleaner 1st [loosened quite a bit of the grime, but nowhere near clean enough], and then got smart & used what I think is probably the cheapest solution for anyone who's going to be using one of these on an ongoing basis: Spray&Wash laundry stain pre-treatment! :thumbsup: Lay the filter dirty side up in the kitchen sink, spray it down heavily w/ the Spray&Wash, flip it over, spray it again on the clean side w/ the Sp&W, let it sit for awhile [overnight? I just gave it 15 minutes or so while I adjourned to the throne room], & then rinse it down w/ hot water from the tap, & man: look at the gunge wash down the drain! :luigi:

Since Spray&Wash is designed for removing heavy grease & protein stains from fabric, I figured it would be pretty ideal for this task [removal of oil & proteinaceous bug effluvium from loosely woven burlap], & it seems I was pretty much on the mark! :nerd:

Anyhow, if you want the dang thing, reply to this thread so any latecomers will know they missed out w/o my having to post an update. We'll sort out the shipping & payment privately once I see a response to the thread.

Ciao!

:bike:

Sure, I'll take it.. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I PM'd Chuck over a week ago asking for his shipping details and haven't had any response, so I'm throwing this open again. :doh: Somebody want this for the cost of shipping? Reply to the thread & PM me your address info so I can figure out the shipping charges for it...

Well, I PM'd Chuck over a week ago asking for his shipping details and haven't had any response, so I'm throwing this open again. :doh: Somebody want this for the cost of shipping? Reply to the thread & PM me your address info so I can figure out the shipping charges for it...

Sorry, I've not been on this site for a while. If someone else wants it, they are welcome to it of course..