Paint Codes?

Dimples

Does anyone know where to find the paint codes for the V11 LeMans? Specifically the metallic black used as the base coat for the Nero Corsa.

Lacking the original code, has anyone used a code that is an acceptable match for that metallic black? I know that the air box covers are a different metallic gray and that the checkered flag graphics are applied decals.

Thanks!

Google motorcycle paint codes...

I already tried. It's not that easy. The paint was made by Lechler which is not available in the US. But, Glasurit is and code for that (or BASF) would be useful. So would a Dupont code etc. That's what I'm looking for and I have not been successful.

Thanks.

A good paint supplier has a device that can match the color as it is..... There are other factors such as fading, weathering & sun bleaching that comes into play..........

I've been led to believe that if you bring it to a better paint shop, they can essentially "laser scan" your original paint, and then get a matching color. I have never had a bike professionally painted, so I don't know for sure, but I am also continually amazed at what is possible in this day and age. My Nero just started to peel at the seam of the sticker on the tail section, and the black base is showing where the clear has flaked away, is this a possibility on yours to try out? I would like to have mine done sometime in the further out future, but would like the original paint job done in paint, no stickers...

But for now, let's go back in the WAY BACK MACHINE, and feast your eyes on what the best lookin' V11 looked like in her prime, boys and girls...

money shot.jpg

...I have never had a bike professionally painted, so I don't know for sure, but I am also continually amazed at what is possible in this day and age. ...

I've had the fairing of my Rosso Corsa partially painted, and I had no colour code.

The guy "measured" the paint with some kind of spectro-instrument, and found his colour.

The result was amazing! Even though I knew where the line between the original paint and the new one should be, I could not find any. There was no difference in colour!

I don't know if I was lucky, but I would give it a try.

And as said, the colour may change through out the years, and the original colour code might not give the colour you want any longer, -that is if you are not repainting the whole bike...