A couple of questions from Rosie

Chuck

Chuck, they might be easy to get but they do have their own problems. Hmm, like the angle drive blowing apart or how about the needles fading or how about they also quit working at any time? :whistle: I have had both sets of gauges over the years and the ITI have been better for me :notworthy:

But, it is just my opion :oldgit:

Mike

Veglia parts are easy to get.

Chuck, they might be easy to get but they do have their own problems. Hmm, like the angle drive blowing apart or how about the needles fading or how about they also quit working at any time? :whistle: I have had both sets of gauges over the years and the ITI have been better for me :notworthy:

But, it is just my opion :oldgit:

Mike

Veglia parts are easy to get.

Oh, yeah.. when I saw the bikes with ITIs, I thought, "Good deal, they finally got rid of the Veglias.." :rolleyes: Oh, well..

At any rate, the "old" Veglias were good instruments. Metal gears, etc. That's what I'm thinking of using.

• 4 weeks later...

Chuck, the speedo screw you mentioned IS glued on. Unfortunately, that was they way the instructions said to attach it. I was there when this was replaced. Guzzi did not offer or have a knob that would fit the little threaded shaft ! I intervened and had a cooperative dealer send us several knobs and none of them would fit. It is glued on but it should not be too terribly hard to break loose. Im thinking a little dab of RTV is what was used.

You shoulda emailed me about some of these things !

Chuck, the speedo screw you mentioned IS glued on. Unfortunately, that was they way the instructions said to attach it. I was there when this was replaced. Guzzi did not offer or have a knob that would fit the little threaded shaft ! I intervened and had a cooperative dealer send us several knobs and none of them would fit. It is glued on but it should not be too terribly hard to break loose. Im thinking a little dab of RTV is what was used.

You shoulda emailed me about some of these things !

Well, thanks David! I thought maybe you'd get tired of me pestering you about stuff. :huh2: Since I have your attention.. how about the internal fuel filter/hose/clamps? Same as used on the CalVins, etc.? This one ever been changed out if so?