Throttle Positioning measure

GuzziPet

If you were asking about my MyECU, I built it although not without problems, as posted on the MyECU forum, had it running for a few days when it quit. Probably my assembly quality.

Have just built another one and am now trying to get that to run.

The TPS flying leads I added are certainly handy, for a instance - I rode around with the stock ECU and a multimeter reading the TPS voltage strapped to the tank, on the over run with a closed throttle it does not always go to the same setting as a cold stationary engine. I think it must be vacuum taking up the slack in the mechanical parts of the butterfly spindles etc. Perhaps this carefull setting is not really neccesary. For many years I was meticulous with ignition timing until I got an old kickstart sportster with manual advance and retard, once started it did'nt seem different wherever it was set!

Thanks!

The only question I have is: how do I verify the idle trim is set at zero? Not sure how to do that.

Ken

You can read the idle trim with VDST. I don't remember the menu path. You're supposed to be able to adjust the trim with VDST too but I couldn't figure out how to do it. My trim value was grayed out and I couldn't edit it. Fortunately I didn't need to because it was already set at 0.

There's a forum for VDST at guzzitech.com. If you have a problem with it you may get a better response there rather than here.

If you were asking about my MyECU, I built it although not without problems, as posted on the MyECU forum, had it running for a few days when it quit. Probably my assembly quality.

Have just built another one and am now trying to get that to run.

The TPS flying leads I added are certainly handy, for a instance - I rode around with the stock ECU and a multimeter reading the TPS voltage strapped to the tank, on the over run with a closed throttle it does not always go to the same setting as a cold stationary engine. I think it must be vacuum taking up the slack in the mechanical parts of the butterfly spindles etc. Perhaps this carefull setting is not really neccesary. For many years I was meticulous with ignition timing until I got an old kickstart sportster with manual advance and retard, once started it did'nt seem different wherever it was set!

I found the same thing, TPS would not always go to the same place or Idle at the same speed.

I put this down to slop in the linkage

So in spite of what others say I used the right throttle stop as well, now it always goes to the same mV and idles more consistent.