totally confused over battery

df2

Okay, I ordered an Odyssee PC545 after looking at several posts here.

The post in particular was an old post by dilang which had a nice picture comparing the spark 500 to the pc545. http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4245

In this picture the black post is on the left and red on the right. As is the battery I ordered.

I look at my motorcycle and it's the exact opposite.

red (positive) is on left and black (negative) on right.

I have a spark 500 original battery in my 2000 sport.

Am I losing it?

Maybe the cables are crossed (unfortunatley I'm not at home right now so can't look)

Okay, I ordered an Odyssee PC545 after looking at several posts here.

The post in particular was an old post by dilang which had a nice picture comparing the spark 500 to the pc545.

In this picture the black post is on the left and red on the right. As is the battery I ordered.

I look at my motorcycle and it's the exact opposite.

red (positive) is on left and black (negative) on right.

I have a spark 500 original battery in my 2000 sport.

Am I losing it?

Maybe the cables are crossed (unfortunatley I'm not at home right now so can't look)

Pos is rider left,neg rider right.I'm looking at PC 545 right now as Ive had it sitting on my shelf for a couple seasons.(the Spark wont die!)If it lays down(I dont remember)they would be opposite.If it stands up you should just be able to flip it.

Bikes down the road at garage I'll look at it later this morning but sure someone else will chime in.

Pos is rider left,neg rider right.I'm looking at PC 545 right now as Ive had it sitting on my shelf for a couple seasons.(the Spark wont die!)If it lays down(I dont remember)they would be opposite.If it stands up you should just be able to flip it.

Bikes down the road at garage I'll look at it later this morning but sure someone else will chime in.

I think the cables on my bike must be crossed to match the battery that is in it. It's a Spark, but the terminals are on the front, not the top like the 500(if you consider the top the short side). This must be the case because every battery listed for the 2000 v11 Sport has the negative rider left and positive rider right when looking at the face of the battery.

I just hope the cables actually have the neg and pos symbols on them so I don't attached them incorrectly.....

I think the cables on my bike must be crossed to match the battery that is in it. It's a Spark, but the terminals are on the front, not the top like the 500(if you consider the top the short side). This must be the case because every battery listed for the 2000 v11 Sport has the negative rider left and positive rider right when looking at the face of the battery.

I just hope the cables actually have the neg and pos symbols on them so I don't attached them incorrectly.....

I'm an idiot. I readily admit it. battery on it's back. That's the problem with pondering something when you are at work trying not to have to do work, and aren't looking at the problem itself.

You cant call yourself an idiot till you start a thread about how your seat is stuck,take the rear end body work off to release it, then realize you were trying to unlock it with the wrong lock(helmet)! :homer: