Test Point Layout

Kiwi_Roy

Heres drawing I posted before.

It shows how you can check a lot of the wiring from under the seat

I can't claim it works for every V11, some are wired differently but you get the idea I hope.

Test Point Layout.pdf

The headlight supply on my 2001 is switched by the start relay, on others the start relay

only switches the headlight relay coil

Pulling the ECU plug allows you to check from there most of the attached components like the TPS and thermistors.

Be sure the key is off before you unplug the ECU

ECU Test Points.pdf

Roy, you the man! :notworthy:

Thanks for your contributions.

J

Heres drawing I posted before.

It shows how you can check a lot of the wiring from under the seat

I can't claim it works for every V11, some are wired differently but you get the idea I hope.

Test Point Layout.pdf

The headlight supply on my 2001 is switched by the start relay, on others the start relay

only switches the headlight relay coil

Pulling the ECU plug allows you to check from there most of the attached components like the TPS and thermistors.

Be sure the key is off before you unplug the ECU

ECU Test Points.pdf

Given my ongoing problems with charging and random electrical behaviours, this is now in my workshop manual file, already with grubby finger marks over it.

The Wiring diagram supplied inthe V11 Sport manual was clearly done by Luigi burning the midnight oil, possibly with a bottle or two of his favourite vino or grappa just hours before the deadline, 'cos the numbers of the relays have clearly been edited as an afterthought and the key has quite a few errors in it. :luigi:

It also helpfully lists the function and order of the fuses (which already have symbols on them on the fuse box) but, strangely, not the relays.

So this really has cleared up a few mysteries for me.

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

Carl Allison has drawn corrected schematics for many, many models, including the V11 Sport/LeMans. They are hosted at Greg Bender's site:

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzi007/sportissimo.html

Way better than the one's in the manual.

Wow, just looked and that represents some serious monastic dedication to the art of diagrams! And really helpful too...

Thanks

Andy