Rear End Close Ups!

V11boy

Hello V11 people,

Not sure if many of you have modified your rear ends to remove the plastic moulding under the seat, I am interested to find out how you have gone about doing it.. ie tail tidy or home modified

I have attached an image of a lovely example of a clean back end to hopefully start the thread...

:mg:

Note : this picture has been borrowed from 'Jens.V11' see the pics thread http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5556&st=900

2bdpk3s2.jpg

Hi - Many have done this very thing. Here is a pic of mine.

You do not need to remove all the way back under the seat although some have. You just need to do the rear most section. I left the small plastic part that was a sub part to the large plastic fender as it covers the wires nicely. JoeV11 is selling a tidy-tail and I have one too, never installed and it is made very nicely. Mine was made by a guy in CA and he used an LED tail light. Not sure how much it would cost to ship to the UK?

Regards,

Bob

photo13.jpg

I have thought about doing this mod a few times. But living in wetter climes than most, the water spray without the rear mudguard to catch it would be a no no for me, unless someone who has done it knows different. I just dont want to be cleaning a permanently wet rear end covered in s***e all the time. Had enough of that when the kids were small :whistle:

I have thought about doing this mod a few times. But living in wetter climes than most, the water spray without the rear mudguard to catch it would be a no no for me, unless someone who has done it knows different. I just dont want to be cleaning a permanently wet rear end covered in s***e all the time. Had enough of that when the kids were small :whistle:

Bob

Does the tail tidy work with the standard rear light/indicators or do you need to use the led because of the size? It's much neater than the standard rear end.....

The weather here in England is generally bad so I would be needing to clean it more if I fit one!

Hello V11 people,

Not sure if many of you have modified your rear ends to remove the plastic moulding under the seat, I am interested to find out how you have gone about doing it.. ie tail tidy or home modified

I have attached an image of a lovely example of a clean back end to hopefully start the thread...

Note : this picture has been borrowed from 'WitchCityBallabio' see the pics thread http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5556&st=840

SCREW THAT expensive tail tidy kit, just get a quality black plastic planting bucket and some good shears to clip it to size hold it together with a couple tiny black zip ties out of sight. I believe that WITH those blinkers you see in the photo I spent a whopping $20 and I thought it looked great

DSC_3960.jpg

DSC_3338.jpg

DSC_3337.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

You do not need to remove all the way back under the seat although some have. You just need to do the rear most section. I left the small plastic part that was a sub part to the large plastic fender as it covers the wires nicely. JoeV11 is selling a tidy-tail and I have one too, never installed and it is made very nicely. Mine was made by a guy in CA and he used an LED tail light. Not sure how much it would cost to ship to the UK?

Regards,

Bob

photo13.jpg

Bob, if no one has beat me to it, I'd be interested in the tail tidy...

Regards,

Bob

photo13.jpg

Hi - Sorry for any confusion. Mine is not for sale. The person I purchased mine from was a guy over on WildGuzzi that goes by the name of SpaceClam. He did very nice work, better than I expected when I purchased. JoeV11 also makes a version of the tidytail that uses the stock tail light. I have one of his as well but I have never installed his. I could be willing to sell that if he is out of them but last I saw here in the classifieds, he had a few left. Both of these 2 tails cost ~$100 as I recall.

Additionally, I do not notice any more dirt etc underneath as a result of removing the large fender and I do hit rain occaionally but I try to avoid rain when I can so I am not sure how much worse it would be if I frequently rode in the rain.

regards,

Bob

Regards,

Bob

Rhino1

See http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17510 if you are interested.. Ended up going this route myself - not fitted yet though

Regards

Regards,

Bob

Rhino1

See http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17510 if you are interested.. Ended up going this route myself - not fitted yet though

Regards

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Two seperate strips of 8" red LED lights acquired from Ebay. Wired through a trailer converter which ties barkes and blinkers together and then run through some resistor/diodes which makes the running lights dim and then the blinker/brake over-ride the running lights. So the two lights perform all three functions of running/brake/blinkers. Very clean!

Tail.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

glad you liked that previous rear end photo....but this one is more tasteful. sorry to contribute to the hijacking of this thread but I did see an opening or invitation.....

brawler.jpg

I suppose your going to tell us its warm and sunny where you are as well. Ever wondered why British politicians always visit America in the winter?

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose your going to tell us its warm and sunny where you are as well. Ever wondered why British politicians always visit America in the winter?

I'm guessing they have been looking for "openings and invitations" . . . B)

• 2 weeks later...