Hello, not sure if I can pull this off

rx2man

Hello to the forum members. Rob here. Was looking at bikes a couple days ago on line and decided to finally figure out what Guzzi I saw a good 10 yrs ago. Was in Seattle at the time getting on I 5 and there is a bike next to me. Some sort of sport bike but then I heard ghe guy get on it. Sounded like a Harley on steroids. So I managed to catch up on the interstate and saw that it was a Cafe/Le Mans style Guzzi. Just cant forget that sound, a V Twin at high RPM......sick.

Fast forward to now and found a 03 V11 naked cafe. $4k with just under 5,000 miles. Looks to be in really nice shape and to me Guzzis seem to be a very under valued bike as thats about what it books at. So while I did not see a Guzzi ever being in my garage that has changed. Did a credit on line(dealer closed today) and found out the costs for transport, its out of state. So we'll see tomorrow if I can pull this off and get this by the wife. As in it shows up and deal with the results. She'll live LOL.

My background, 41 yrs old 6 ft 270. Needs to lose the beer gut LOL. I look the Harley guy, shaved head, go tee and tats.

Not sure if this counts for a 1st bike but in 87 my 1st ride was a 78 Honda Hobit. Yes it was a moped and even had the pedals. Was all I could get past pops.

1991 Honda Rebels 450. SOLD for Sporty

1992 73 Sportster struts and extended springers

1993 Sporty sold to help with $$$ 1 yr at MMI in Orlando

1994 71 CB 750 bored out 836, tranny gears cut, slammed with struts and set up for drag racing, sick bike even had wheelie bars. A Z1 fender and Kawi green. Sold for move $$$

bike mechanic career does not work out....not enough $$$$ wrenching

1998 almost had 70's Suzuki 500TT?? 2 cyl 2 stroke, would have made a nice cafe. Was a rebuild with one and you get the other deal and all the parts got jacked from his garage before we even got started. Always thought the Mach 1's and Suzi water buffalos were neat bikes.

2000 divorced and a 88 CI S&S hardtail, extended wide glide chopper.

2005 remarried and in 2006 the chopper is gone.

Almost picked up another chopper in 08, dude was in Vegas for the weekend and wifey sanity prevailed.

2012, I still find myself wanting a bike and did not know the Guzzi had such a bang for the buck.

I have a 3 yr old daughter and lovely now and is the only reason I keep holding back on another bike, not wanting to be road kill. But I guess thats what they make the motorcycle safety foundation class for. Took it almost 20 yrs ago and probably time to do it again.

Sorry for the long winded post. Hopefully I can pull this off tomorrow. Always liked that Guzzi I saw 10+ yrs ago.

Ah, my friend, you have come to the depths of the asylum to inquire about your sanity? Let me be the first inmate to assure you in your clarity and revelation. :mg:

The Guzzi has, without a doubt, set her gentle hooks. :wub:

Her style and grace will define your artistic existence. :sun:

She will be as reliable as your wrenches and voltmeter will allow (hi-speed internet is good). :luigi:

All of this is Good, but when you ride her . . . oh, my . . . you will then be among the afflicted - :oldgit:

1998 almost had 70's Suzuki 500TT??

Titan. Still a viable bike for vintage racing. Downside is it's a piston-port 2smoke, so wafer-thin powerband by the time you get done porting & piping the thing to make good peak power. There's a reason all the 500GP smokers were rotary-valved by the end...

I have a 3 yr old daughter and lovely now and is the only reason I keep holding back on another bike, not wanting to be road kill. But I guess thats what they make the motorcycle safety foundation class for. Took it almost 20 yrs ago and probably time to do it again.

No, that's what they sell life insurance for! The MSF basic course is just that: basic! If you've already been riding for any length of time, then take the ERC. If you're getting back into riding after a long time, still take the ERC: it'll just be a slightly tougher slog at first, until your parking lot skills get back up to speed. Other than that, sign up for a real track school: well worth the money, both on & off the track. [Helpful reminder too that all that scratching nonsense is better done on the track than on the public roads.]

Best of luck w/ your goal! At least you'll find the wrenching part of keeping your Guzzi in fine fettle easy, what w/ that MMI background! :luigi:

ditto on the above + get yourself some good riding gear.

I've had motorcycles for the past 30 or so years and I (we) have raised a kid while riding. She rides in the sidecar for now, but will be on pillion when she gets a bit longer in the leg.Just be careful, don't trust cagers and reference the statement on good protective riding gear.

You'll enjoy the Guzzi. They are good bikes when sorted out and the sorting is easy.