Torque

rich46

Hello All,

I am slowly getting my new to me '04 V11 nudie in running order. My work shop manual hasn't arrived as of yet and I'd like to put my front end back together. Could someone please give me the torque specs. for the triple clamps, axle, pinch bolts etc. for this bike. I realize that the fasteners have specs based on size I just want to make sure that there isn't something I'm missing in regards to trees or fork tubes before I go and screw something up. Thanks if you can help.

Rich

Hi Rich

Im going to my garage,not at home, to do some work.I'll try to remember to jot down some specs for ya ,unless someone else chimes in first.There is a download available,do a search on site.

Hello All,

I am slowly getting my new to me '04 V11 nudie in running order. My work shop manual hasn't arrived as of yet and I'd like to put my front end back together. Could someone please give me the torque specs. for the triple clamps, axle, pinch bolts etc. for this bike. I realize that the fasteners have specs based on size I just want to make sure that there isn't something I'm missing in regards to trees or fork tubes before I go and screw something up. Thanks if you can help.

Rich

triple clamps appear to be 0.8 to 1.2 Kgm (which I believe is 8-12Nm)

Wheel Spindle is 90 to 100Nm

I found these in 2 different places so may be best to wait for others to confirm

Standard values are quoted as

4mm nuts/bolts 3-3.5Nm

5x0.8 nuts/bolts 6-7Nm

6x1 nuts/bolts 8-12Nm

8x1.25 nuts/bolts 25-30Nm

10x1.5 nuts/bolts 45-50

Thanks guys. My Moto Guzzi Manual came today. Truth be told your help was more far more helpful. I'm not sure where this book came from, (and I've been using shop manuals for fifty years) but this is by far the worst one I've ever used. I am grateful for your help as it has allowed me to start reassembling the bike. Thanks again.

Rich

After 94,000 miles , I use the 60, 40, 20 option

60 for the spindle (I have Ohlins forks)

40 for the calipers

20 for the pinch bolts

all of the above are Nm

If memory serves me tonight the pinch bolts on the triples

are 20 Nm also

If you had them stem off, there is a specific spanner and a procedure

to reinstall....it escapes me tonight

Andy