Temperature Sensors

Kiwi_Roy

After much searching I finally managed to find the thermistor used in the air and head temperature sensors

This is just the active component, it doesn't come with a plug or housing, all you get is a little blue blob with a couple of wires attached. :oldgit:

VISHAY Part No NTCLE203302SB

The resistance value is 3000 Ohms at 25°C, the point all thermistors a referenced to.

9.7 KOhms at 0, 202 Ohms at 100, 54 Ohms at 150°C

I haven't purchased any yet, I thought I would see if anyone else was interested and make a bulk order, they would be about $2 each including postal, let me know if interested.

Roy

Thermistor.pdf

The resistance value is 3000 Ohms at 25°C, the point all thermistors a referenced to.

9.7 KOhms at 0, 202 Ohms at 100, 54 Ohms at 150°C

Thermistor.pdf

So, since the thermistor for air temp sensing is never going to get above about 40C, and I don't much expect to ride below about 5C, we can split the difference and average, multiply by the square root of -i, split the infinitive & dot the quarks, and just solder in a 4k ohm resistor to the airbox leads when converting to pods & expect the bike to run a little rich when it's hot outside [as insurance against pinging] and a little lean when it's cold out [to help keep the engine oil from turning into mayonnaise] & call it a day?

Thanks! :luigi::thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

VISHAY Part No NTCLE203302SB

Thermistor.pdf

I had to order some parts the other day so I tacked on some thermistors. If anyone wants one send me a PM with your postal address.

They are just the bare little bead with a couple of wires as shown in the attachment, no plug or shroud.

The sensor is the same for oil or air temperature

When I removed the airbox on my bike I extended the thermistor out to the front at the headstock, without the air flow it would be too hot under the tank, especially for a hot start.

Roy