Sport fairing

rich46

Hi All,

Have another question. I found a used V11 Sport fairing and brackets (2) to use on my V11 Naked. I have looked in both my workshop and parts manuals and tried all kinds of combinations and can't figure out where/how the silly brackets fit. Are the headlight horns different Sport/Naked? Or am I becoming old and senile ?

Thanks if anyone can be of help.

Rich

Hi Rich,

The brackets attach to the triple tee. Do not have a pic to send you but let me know if you need and I can take a picture tonight. These are longer bolts to accomodate the bracket than what is in there without the bracket.

Bob

Bob,

Pictures would really help. I can see on the blow up hand drawings (parts/work manual) the general area just not where they go. Looks as if the end with the flat plate with the 6mm hole goes at the windshield mounting bolt it's how the other end mounts that I can't seem to see.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

If it is the Stucchi fairing then you would remove the clamping bolt at the upper tripple tree, insert the bracket end with the welded/attached bushing into the T/T and clamp it again with the delivered longer bolt. It's in fact self explaining. If not, you might have bought the wrong parts. Can you provide a picture?

Hubert

Hi Rich,

The brackets attach to the triple tee. Do not have a pic to send you but let me know if you need and I can take a picture tonight. These are longer bolts to accomodate the bracket than what is in there without the bracket.

Bob

Bob,

Pictures would really help. I can see on the blow up hand drawings (parts/work manual) the general area just not where they go. Looks as if the end with the flat plate with the 6mm hole goes at the windshield mounting bolt it's how the other end mounts that I can't seem to see.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Does this help?

760EA273-564E-487B-A39D-84634438C1B5-5506-0000151A3CF4EF38.jpg

Bob

Bob.

Thank you and everyone else. The picture did the trick. I did a mock up without the head lamp installed lined everything up and presto everything looked perf. Moving right a long this bike should be on the road in a few weeks. Now it's just waiting for parts. Thanks again.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Guzzi Scura/ Cafe Sport carbon fiber bikini fairing on mine and noticed the windshield has stress cracks. All happened today (?). Anyway, crossing my fingers that MG has a replacement windshield for it.

recommendations appreciated.