MyECU

sign216

• 5 weeks later...

The latest update on www.cajinnovations.com is from November 2007! Is it still operational? Also, what is the know-how requirements for dealing with MyECU? I would like to buy one (especially because of the diagnostic tool and the Android/Bluetooth gadget), but I’m not very keen on programming the ECU myself!

The latest update on www.cajinnovations.com is from November 2007! Is it still operational? Also, what is the know-how requirements for dealing with MyECU? I would like to buy one (especially because of the diagnostic tool and the Android/Bluetooth gadget), but I’m not very keen on programming the ECU myself!

Cliff will no doubt pitch in but the myEcu forum is the place to visit to catch up on developments. There is a link on the left hand side of the website IIRC.

Cliff will no doubt pitch in but the myEcu forum is the place to visit to catch up on developments. There is a link on the left hand side of the website IIRC.

Thanks a lot - I'll look into that!

If you remember, I sent my MyECU unit in to be tested, as it wasn't working. To

Cliff's credit, he replaced it with a unit from one of his bikes. This unit is

so much better than the kit one I built. It's professionally made with surface mount

technology. Quality.

I'll be adjusting the map for better operation over the next few months as

Winter closes in.

Emil, take a look at the MyECU forum. It's active, and these units continue to be developed.

I and others post there often as we discuss the best ways to adjust the maps, use the Android bluetooth, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I have tried to join the myecu forum to no avail so am posting here. Would anyone have a map for the following mods. Mike Rich pistons, 620x10 cam, blue street high performance springs. Bike was running good before the engine has gone for rebuild and was planing to tune on a dyno with the optimiser when the engine goes back in the bike. Was wondering if anyone might have a better map to start with or do you guys that have tuned with the optimiser before think the old map will do as a starting point.

Any opinions

Thanks Tim

Tim

FWIW: If it doesn't fart and pop too badly with original map then I suggest persevering with what you have, especially as it worked reasonably well before. Its also a useful baseline to work from. If you use someone else's map then you might find you go back a step. If you have closed loop then a couple of hours should sort out any lean or rich parts of the matrix.

If not closed loop then enrich up across the map (to be on the safe side) and then work towards leaning out gradually.

I found dyno work counter productive but that was because i hadn't a clue what I was doing (still don't really!). Optimiser and decent o2 feedback takes guess work out of it. V11 owners may be able to advise what the afr, in general, is likely to be at various areas. With your mods these may be subtly different. I know I was quite surprised how thirsty my 1100 sporti is - it seems to run best at afrs of circa 12.5 or even lower at some points - but that (as Raz would say) is the dyno-bum method.

There seems to be some recent issues with passwords on the forum - not sure if this is part of your problem. I suggest you email CJ to sort out your access. He is pretty prompt at responding generally but maybe is off chasing thermals with all that hot weather over NSW :-)

gav

I don't recall any problems to register recently. If you're having problem getting past the validation image, remove the XX left and right. Failing that I can set up an account for you.

Thanks Cliff, yes I couldn't get past the validation and I tried it on home and work computers. Anyway I did as you suggested and removed the xx and bingo i'm in

I was going to do what you suggested Gav just thought that on the dyno I could do it without taking my eyes off the road (: and that someone on here might have the same set up from Mike Rich as it is popular from what I can gather and the myecu would be the perfect tuning tool for it

Tim