Sport 1100 Fuel Consumption

Guzzi07

Hi everyone:

I have my bike back on the road now after a gearbox internals swap, new clutch, full service and working on the bike's Keihin FCR jetting. I have attached a few photos below.

I am still fiddling around with the jetting and would like to ask what sort of fuel consumption people are getting from their Sports? I checked and on the highway run (averaging around 100km/hr - 60mph) I was getting 4.65 litres / 100km and 5.47 litres / 100kms in more hilly / backroad riding. I think the bike is still running too lean in the slow fuel jet area and the fuel consumption looks a bit low to me, would be interested to know what other owners get.

Thanks,

Jason

SANY0460.JPGSANY0461.JPG

Hi everyone:

I have my bike back on the road now after a gearbox internals swap, new clutch, full service and working on the bike's Keihin FCR jetting. I have attached a few photos below.

I am still fiddling around with the jetting and would like to ask what sort of fuel consumption people are getting from their Sports? I checked and on the highway run (averaging around 100km/hr - 60mph) I was getting 4.65 litres / 100km and 5.47 litres / 100kms in more hilly / backroad riding. I think the bike is still running too lean in the slow fuel jet area and the fuel consumption looks a bit low to me, would be interested to know what other owners get.

Thanks,

Jason

SANY0460.JPGSANY0461.JPG

Hi Jason,

Great looking bike. I did a quick conversion to US and 5 litres equals about 1 US gallon and 100 KM is about 62 US miles.

So you appear to be getting about 60 miles per gallon. My sport gets closer to 40 mpg. 60+ is very, very good.

But others can comment.

Mike

Thanks for the info Mike

Based on your figures I think the fuel economy is a bit too good (ie. low fuel consumption) and the bike is too lean. My MG 1200 Sport used to get around 5 litres per 100km on the highway with lean factory mapping (before I did a ECU remap anyway), so I was thinking that to get better than that with this bike might indicate a too lean mixture.

I will keep monitoring the fuel consumption over the next month or so then start richening the slow fuel circuit to see whether I can reduce the flat spot between 1 & 2k rpm, and see if these changes makes much difference to the fuel consumption.

Jason

Wow, that's good fuel economy! My Sport (40mm Dellorto) usually gets about 40-41mpg. I just recently got 46mpg but was riding with a couple of 500cc Honda singles.

Hi everyone:

Thanks,

Jason

SANY0460.JPGSANY0461.JPG

Wow, that's good fuel economy! My Sport (40mm Dellorto) usually gets about 40-41mpg. I just recently got 46mpg but was riding with a couple of 500cc Honda singles.

Hi everyone:

Thanks,

Jason

SANY0460.JPGSANY0461.JPG

I think the 60mpg you calculated is based on the British (Imperial) MPG (1 gal = 4.55 litres). A US gallon = 3.79 litres.

Based on this, the highway leg equates to 4.65 litres per 100km = 51mpg (US) (60mpg imperial) and country riding 5.47 litres per 100km = 43mpg (US) (52mpg imperial). Conversion at: http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/fuelconsumption.php

Overall this does not appear to be too far off, given my bike has different carbs.