Rosso Nero Corsa Issues?

rockitdoc

Hi, I am a long time owner of a '74 V7 Sport (twin disc model) and have had the Rosso or Nero Corsas in sight for a while. Have been looking for issues posted with this model on this and the MGOC forums, but can't really find anything. Bulletproof? What is likely to bite me if I find a decent example? Speedo cable failure is something I recall that happens frequently. True? If so, is mileage always suspect on these? Thank, in advance. S

You should get one for sure! I have the standard '02 version and positively love it. Bulletproof is a big word but at 25k mine runs superb. I have heard the black face instruments tend to fail..

Mine have been similar to what others report here. A re-occuring floppy front ehaust crossover, the speedo died at 25,000 miles, and not enough seat time riding one of the best bikes around.

I test rode a '02 a couple years ago, and still can't get the slick gearbox out of my head. Very tasty. Sort of the opposite of any of my Beemers.

45,000km and no real issues just ya regular Guzzi...

sure speedo cable broke very early on, simple replace the guide as it enters the block, sorted.

Flopy balance pipe simple to sort loosen off, use tie down to pull header togeather and tighten

fork seals have gone twice but Im a dumb arse and am knowen to whelie, landing 1/4ton dont help

thats bout it I think...

No issues with Rosie, and she was abused before I rescued her.. :rasta: Oh, forgot. The original speedo died.

"What is likely to bite me if I find a decent example?"

The Guzzi bug. :)