Mounting Tekno bags on a 2001 V11 Sport

Vincez

Folks - my 2001 V11 Sport came with all kinds of accessories (MG tank bag, rear rack, huge back pack) and all the mounting hardware for a set of Tekno saddle bags (with hardware). Problem is, I am not sure how to mount them. If anyone has a photo of mounted bags or instructions or soemthing that would help me do this right (the first time!), would appreciate the info. This bike is just too pretty to mess up (by the way, it is THAT green color - whatever that color is!) Thanks

Vincez, Columbia, MD, USA

Those with tasteful grigio Sports might call THAT green: Bug-Splat, but only from the relative safety of a sequestered laptop. Never in a parking lot, or in the proximity tire irons. Oh, seriously, that's a stunning color: V7 Sport Telaio Rosso Green :thumbsup:

Several of us have bodged our way through he Tekno mounts, and there is more than one way to get them as you wish.  I ended up shortening the sleeves that index the offset and put my bag mounts inboard of the muffler brackets to compact the profile.

We have a pretty good thread on that here somewhere. I'll see if i can find it (has pictures).

EDIT: Here's a 2006 thread- Tekno Bags????

(Moderator note: When searching, search by "replies" for best results. And, by no means, let the The Search Function stop you from posting and having active, current threads. Resurrecting an old thread, even from 2006, is OK - good even.