Pawl spring

richiem

It sounds like you got it right Stu.

I've replaced my pawl spring three times now.  Huge thanks to V11Lemans.com, BelfastGuzzi, and KB for the instructions  thumb.gif

The first time I had a hard time getting the shifter plate back on the tranny because I didn't know how to postion the shifter forks inside the trans case to select neutral.  Eventually I found that I needed to move each of the forks (the four pins that face you when looking in the trans) to the center of their travel on their shafts.  By that I mean if each fork/pin slides laterally on it's shaft from left to right about 2" I would set them 1" from the end of their travel.  That wasn't apparent in the instructions that I was using.

Once I did that, and since I already had the shifter plate in it's neutral position, everything easily bolted back together and worked fine.

Yesterday I replaced the gearbox cover. The spring had broken in 2nd gear. When I took off the cover, I left the foks as they were, and when I replaced the cover, I had the wheels in second gear position again. My question: What could go wrong? Could it happen that one of the forks is nog in the gap on one of the wheels, eg when I accidently moved a fork at reassembly? ow would I notice? I haven't filled the gearoil. I have tried the gears though with the engine off. It seems to work, but could it still be wrong? I 'd like to know before I try with the engine on.

You really want to rely on the internet in this case? If so, go through the gears again and, the clutch engaged, check whether you can spin the rear wheel. That's all - I think. That's what I did at least. Had I sprawled me after that it would have been my own fault. That's the difference.

Hubert