Visit Request- N. of Chicago

Birch

I have narrowed my search for a new bike down to the following:

Triumph Sprint 1050- I fit, but I'm not a fan of the styling

BMW R1100S- Smashing looking, a bit tight on the ergos, but really like it with the bags.

V11 LeMans- Love the look, always love Guzzi's... but...

Well... I just never see any locally for sale.  Found a few nationwide for sale, but would love to check one out.  By checking it out, I'm not talking joyride, but would like to see about ergos and if I could swing a leg over.

I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam and long arms.  

I'm about 25mi north of Chicago and would appreciate any insight and help.

Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not in Chi... I'm down in StL.  I have an 03 V11 Sport Naked, and have ridden the Triumph Sprint GT (1050).  Bothe great bikes, but (to me) completely different. 

I don't know when I'll get up to Chi or Milwaukee again with the V11 but you are welcome to ride it if you are down this way...

J

You have good taste in bikes, firstly. Guzzis can be kinda tough to find because ( in my opinion) many owners tend to keep their bikes until they either explode or mangle to itty bits. It took me about 6-8 years to even find a Lemans and then find one when I could afford to buy. But I eventually did. If you really want one you'll need to broaden your search. You'll find one.

But if you don't the Beemers and Trumpets are a great choice too ( my other bike is a Street Triple R. I'm partial to Triumph. I've had 6 of them ) .