tool kit, parts needed, upgrades?

xroads

ok, so now i have my 2004 cafe sport (first spine frame) w/2k miles on the clock.  amazing bike, great power, super brakes, excellent suppension.   got buell pegs to install, set of carbon fiber muffllers on the way. 

my questions are these: do i need a "slosh plate"?  can i use pureolator oil filters w/o harm? should i do my filter changes thru the manhole cover?  my bike came w/no tool kit, and i would like to add one, but of better quality than original, so what do i need to carry?  is a power commander worth the addition?  will i have to have a remap if i put on the mufflers/power commander?  i need a rear rack, anyone got one for sale?

thanks to all and have a great weekend!

you can't use a hose clamp if you access thru the manhole. I don't believe in PC, my Lemans runs awesome w/out one. you need a good tuner with the software. I put in the Roper plate right away.. if you ride like a grampa you won't need it.

How much will you save by not running the UFI stock filter ? I keep plenty for the future & get mine from Joe Eish . I do keep a hose clamp on my filters. I have found that filters with a round sealing ring (instead of a square sealing ring) tend to loosen more than not.

The Roper Plate is a must. MotoInternational has (or used to) them in-stock . 

What you want to keep for a tool kit will change every year. I have spent probably $100k over the years for tools. I have found that you never have the right thing in your tool box , service truck or on your bike on the road . A cell phone and a MGNOC membership with a member list is a good tool to have .