Magni Fairing - thoughts

Vincez

I am just about ready to "pull the trigger" and go for a Magni fairing for my V11 Sport. Before I make the final decision, would appreciate hearing from anybody out there re the purchase, quality, condition, and installation of the fairing. I've contacted Magni for pricing - looks like the kit plus shipping will be at least $1000 US - and they say they have the kits.

Any info from you folks will help

Thanks

Vince Z

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed. I purchased the Magni shortly after the bike and was, and remain, very pleased with it. Installation was relatively straightforward - just some minor adjustment required for adequate clearance around the gas tank. The clip-ons (supplied) are lower than stock, but work well for me. Colour match was perfect (apparently they use the same paint) and build quality good. Not the cheapest of fairings, but to my eye at least, looks great (and works!).

Following an un-scheduled surge of gravity a few years ago - I had occaision to replace the clear screen and went with a red tint from Gustaffson (sp?)

And, of course, looks awesome in original green ...

Gio

Gio = thanks for the insights - one question, did you purchase the fairing directly from Magni? Or through a middleman? And how was that experience?

Thanks

Here's a couple of pics

Gio

Hey Gio - some possibilities for a picture of the lower mount / bracket, bought Magni fairing but can not quite figure out the lower bracket. looks like something is missing it is just a bolt with a nut, but nothing to attach it to? nice if you had the opportunity to help a confused newbie guzzi owner, from Norway.

Fish hooks attached to frame this is ok.

... looks like something is missing it is just a bolt with a nut, but nothing to attach it to? ...

There should be welded a short, about 4cm long, piece of tube across the stearing head. I have pictures at home, but actually I'm not sure about the level of detail. Anyway, I should be able to post them during the weekend.

What I've heard this tube is not on every frame. Could be that someone knows why that's so - but if so then he probably wouldn't want to talk about it :grin:

Hubert

Thanks for positive comments - and yes, it does work as a fairing in that wind is below helmet level so no buffeting. Much more effective than the stock flyscreen (which I also have) in my opinion. And if you feel like tucking in with your chin on the tank pad - then the wind goes over the top.

bhreen - the lower mount is via a "U" bolt around the steering head - I'll try to take a pic (not easy) and post more details for you shortly ...

Gio

brheen (apologises for typo last post) - camera is awol but here is a description of how mine is fitted that may help :

The "luhbo" tube is present in my case - approx 1.5 inches long and 0.5 inches wide and welded across the front of the steering head as he said. The lower fairing bracket (which joins the ends of the two stays with the headlight support) ends with a hollow square section (approx 5/8") and this sits (at least in my case) on top of the tube, and tight against the steering head. A U-bolt then goes around the back of the steering head and bolts from the front, above this square section. For reference, the front frame mounts (at the back of the steering head) are just below the level of the luhbo tube.

Thanks for positive comments - and yes, it does work as a fairing in that wind is below helmet level so no buffeting. Much more effective than the stock flyscreen (which I also have) in my opinion. And if you feel like tucking in with your chin on the tank pad - then the wind goes over the top.

bhreen - the lower mount is via a "U" bolt around the steering head - I'll try to take a pic (not easy) and post more details for you shortly ...

Gio

Thanks - Gio // no more hair on the head so a litte help is most welcome :-) i have a pic on this tread -http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17882&hl=

brheen no worries - see previous post for more details and good luck with the install - I think you will like the result.

luhbo - apparently the tube was designed to carry an emergency supply of spaghetti (will hold approx 12 strands) ...