Magni Fairing - thoughts

Vincez

brheen no worries - see previous post for more details and good luck with the install - I think you will like the result.

luhbo - apparently the tube was designed to carry an emergency supply of spaghetti (will hold approx 12 strands) ...

Its missing on mine :-) se pic :-)IMG_0701.JPG

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If so I wouldn't worry - the tube is not required (but could have been intended originally) for secure mounting as the "U"-bolt takes care of that ) ...

Jepp i know the hole bike has been gone over from scratch and evetything paintet - but he had not made any change on the frame :-) thanks for the tips im getting there :-)

maybe in the winter time il make a new bracket - result :-) so fare -

IMG_0710.JPG

... and do you have the lower handlebars,too? I quite sure the fairing wont work with the standard bars (or vice versa)

j7se.th.jpg

On the pic you can see both the bars and to what purpose the tube was meant.

Hubert

Lower clip on and new speedo converter all in the package - oki finish not super but oki.

Only regrets clear glas - new in order :-) black tainted - hope too ride this weekend :-) 

... and do you have the lower handlebars,too? I quite sure the fairing wont work with the standard bars (or vice versa)

j7se.th.jpg

Hubert

power coated ? ore did they deliver in silver ? mine is power coated in silver :-)

j7se.th.jpg

Hubert

On my Sport, year 2000, there are two tubes across the head tube, but nothing attached. Are they for the mounting of the earlier 1100 Sport fairing?

Speedo converter ..? I don't recall anything relating to the speedo with the kit I installed ..?

Its a L shaped converter for the speedo cabel - makes the kabel run a bit better under the fairing - came whit the packet ( in mine )

Ah yes - I had forgotten about that part (it was over 10 years ago that I installed my fairing - memory not what it used to be!) - just got a new cable (per earlier post) which comes as stock with straight ends - others have reported problems with the angle drives with time, but mine seem to have held up well - a bit of lube now and then probably helps ...

j7se.th.jpg

Hubert

On my Sport, year 2000, there are two tubes across the head tube, but nothing attached. Are they for the mounting of the earlier 1100 Sport fairing?

Could be for mounting of the later LeMans fairing?

Docc - there may be no rational answer to your question re double luhbo tubes - perhaps you had a prototype endurance frame with double the standard spaghetti capacity ... consider this a bonus feature!