tank bag

rossi46

Thought the Bagster option suited me best as I have three bags already and a worthwhile trial at that price. Will let you know how it fits on the earlier tank when I get to try it out. Could be a few months if the weather turns....

andy I use oxford throwovers and found that passing the velcro strap under the rear sub frame was the answer

Mine are the same (huge capacity if expanded) but it never occurred to me to run that strap right under the sub frame. Still have them so may try again.

andy I use oxford throwovers and found that passing the velcro strap under the rear sub frame was the answer

Mine are the same (huge capacity if expanded) but it never occurred to me to run that strap right under the sub frame. Still have them so may try again.

BTW. Which transporter bridge in yr pic, Trevini?

Here's my tail pack thingy....P1030133_zpse7fcdbe1.jpg

...And both bags fitted to my TDM...P1010039.jpg

Jofama is very similar to my sw motech bags connection cargobag. That fits better than my Givi pack with the Ventura rack in the way.

thanks guys am tempted by this

http://www.baglux.co.uk/product/?cat=52&id=3596

Just taken delivery of this and went out to fit it straight away. I believe it may be the answer to our prayers, Rossi.

Shows the tank well and fits the bag pretty securely. Don't think it would be rock solid as the full Bagster tank cover but for shorter runs, well only road testing will tell for sure, but I think so.

Will post pics and details of fitting when I have them down to size.

OK, got the pics for the Bagster Easy Road.

On opening it very much looks like it's designed for tanks with welded seams as it has hooks at the back, and of the three pairs of straps provided, two pairs are also very much of that type.

• I used the third pair which can be looped around the pet-cock and fuel return valve.
  • The hooks at the back actually do fit on the rear tank bold mounting plate and seem reasonably secure although I'd prefer to fabricate something a bit better suited.
  • There is a strap at the front that goes down below the headstock and back up again.
  • As you'll see from the pics, there is a long oval hole that fits pretty well around the early V11 tank 'chin pad'.
  • Tensioning the straps was a bit of a trick but it seems pretty solid: depicted here with a Bagster Tech City tank bag.

Doubt I'll be road testing until the spring: so far it's looking good, though, especially at £38!

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

Photo0066.jpg

Photo0067.jpg

Photo0068.jpg

I found that its skimpy nature means it'll probably take just as long to fit as the full overcoat, so you'll need to factor that into your 'short trip' schedule. Not exactly clip on and clip off, but cosmetically a huge improvement.