dark_bike

Hi All,

let me start with a few facts. My bike is a Scura with about 45k miles on the clock and still on its first clutch.

Recently, i.e. since a few moths ago I noticed that the clutch occasionally sticks in the disengaged position. I can pump the lever and it feels as if there is no fluid in it at all. then it slowly regains resistance, sometimes something says 'ploink' an

and it feels as if there is nothing in the line. a couple of times's pumping and all is well.

to my inexpert ears it sounds like there is someting dry and/or worn.or is it the slave cylinder sticking?

The problem is however that everything automotive is breaking down at present and I would like to know if there is a quick fix to this, at least to see me over a couple of months. The clutch isn't slipping or anything and it sounds fine so I'm reluctant to have things ripped apart and spend a lot of money if it isnt really necessary.

best regards

Tom

Start at the master cylinder. Sometimes somehow some oil or grease finds its way to the internal rubber parts what could cause similar effects. The master piston, its rubber sleeve at least, gets sticky. But then, this you should notice when you engage the lever as well ...

Otherwise, rip it apart.

Hubert

PS: ich seh grad: Köln. V11sport liest du nicht mit, oder^^ Dieter ist das letztes Jahr mit der Bremse passiert, einfach die Manschetten gequollen. War ihm eher peinlich, weil wie kommt da Öl ran :grin:

As always, a good call by Hubert to start with the hydraulics. Be certain the system is recently bled with fresh fluid. Also, some master cylinders have  broken their internal spring requiring rebuild. I can find that thread if would be helpful. Do you find that the hand lever has, now, a lot of free play?

P.S. - Ich will nicht sagen Dieter Sie über ihn reden.

thanks for the advice so far.

when things work as normal the lever feels normal too, no excess free play.

it is one of those nasty problems that only occur during driving. If the bike is standing, I can pull the clutch lever as much as I want and nothing untoward happens. if it would be the slave piston sticking, the problem would occur at all times (I'd guess).

if however the clutch is stuck in the disengaged position, I can imagine that the slave piston is pulled back when I release the lever, and pushes into free space next time because there is nothing offers resistance.