Suggestion for V11 Drive Shaft Lube?

jwh20

I did a bit of searching for a specific (US market) lube for the V11 driveshaft but didn't my.  My manual has the less-than-fully-useful:

"...saponifying greasers with lithium of a grade 2 consistency, 265/295 penetration with a dropping point of about 180."  Oh, and of course no "additives with MOS2."

Can someone suggest a specific widely available in the US product that is suitable for this application?

Also, I need to change the gearbox and rear drive oil.  It looks like both specify the same product, "Agip Rotra MP SAE 80W/90" and I'm guessing this is standard 80W/90 gear oil.  I do see the note for the moly additive.  I see that Harper's had that available.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I just use a general purpose grease on the shaft (access can be tricky - rear wheel off and a custom bend on a grease gun tip helps with one of the zerks), Redline shockproof heavy in the tranny, and MG final drive (with Moly)in the rear ...

Gio

So the translation from what's in the owners manual is: "plain old lithium grease" then?  Thanks!

With all those tech specs I thought it might be something special.

Grade 2 is the "weight" of the Lithium grease as I understand it. I doubt it is that critical. I don't use any special grease, it is a pair of U-joints. There is nothing special about the application.