Mechanic Advice

realjake98

I have a thread titled " '02 fuzzy paint fix question" in the tech topics forum from 2006 that might help you out.  I can't seem to paste the link in this reply but maybe you can find it with the search function.

Howdy fellow tennisti.

They all rattle in neutral, the single plate clutch of the tenni makes it a tad louder then the others.

I've just noticed some paint coming off the final drive, I haven't done anything about it yet, the Harley paint is probably the way to go.

Enjoy it!

My wife's from Duncan, on the island, we go over about twice a year to eat some oyster burgers and take my 65 corvair out for a spin. I'll keep an eye out for you in September...

Ferguzzi, 

Thanks for the comments. Let me know when you swing through Vancouver. Happy to go for lunch and a ride if you want. I have a few bikes...

Regards,

Jake

Tom M and docc,

Thanks for the link on the paint. It's still in OK shape so I will wait a little and then do it....maybe this winter. Loving riding the bike...

The riding's the thing!  I put my '02 in for a thorough going over this winter (too many other things happening to do it myself).  I put aside a reasonable chunk of cash for the inevitable 'you'll never guess what I found' phone call.  BUT Shocker it was all good.  All the bearings had grease in them, the rubber hoses were fine (thank Scotland's lack of extreme weather - or indeed sunshine).  I put in new intake rubbers because I'd bought them just-in-case.  It just goes to show that the great thing about inconsistency is that sometimes things are accidently done properly.

However, no-one has mentioned the dreaded gearbox spring yet.  I've done 15000 miles and I'm on my 5th one.  It's an easy job to do, the part is only £4 in the UK and the bike has so much go that when you find yourself stuck in 3rd it doesn't stop you getting home so I don't worry about it.  I keep a spare spring and that wards off Murphy.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

All, just wanted to follow up. I found a great local service shop in Vancouver. The name of the shop is British Italian Motorcycles and Paul, the service manager is super knowledgable regarding Moto Guzzi's. For a reasonable fee, they serviced the bike and addressed all the issues raised by comments on this thread (save the engine case paint). Thanks for everyone's help on this.

• Like 1