Tekno bags

bikelee

Anybody have a set of Tekno bag mounting instructions for a V11 LeMans 2003 Rossa. I bought a set but no instructions. I must be an idiot but I just can't get them to mount properly. I BELIEVE I have the right mounts and bolts. Or anybody have a picture of the mounts attached without the bags attached ? Maybe I can figure it out from that pic. Thanks, Leon.

(OLD GITT Just turned 65) :oldgit::mg:   :notworthy:

3 mounting points. I just installed mine today, after I repainted it.

1. Exhaust mount

2. Bolts on the tail light-make sure your bolts are long enough as it goes on after the tail light nuts are on

3. Passenger footrest bracket. The bolt towards the front of the bike, and you need a spacer.

Ken

Image 32.jpg

Image 33.jpg

Nice shots Ken - looks like the bracket for the LM is different than the Sport at the exhaust / footpeg bracket.

Yours is way cleaner too!

Now I need to paint mine, and wash the bike etc etc ... thanks!

Gio

The Tekno mounts (and bags) were redesigned at some point, adding some additional bracing especially around the rear.

I noticed 2 broken welds on mine last year on the day I was going to take my bike to Minneapolis. It forced me to take the car instead. I had them welded this year for a whopping cost of $12. 

Ken

Rhino ...what can I say ... the miles take their toll at some point ...

mf - I also had a weld let go (right side upper/front) a couple of years ago - own fault due to over-loading ... but had a buddy weld up for me.

I really like the Tekno bags - particularly the system that clips/locks the bags to the bracket. Zips need an occaisional pinch with pliers to keep them closing.

Gio

I, too, love my (early) Tekno panniers. I used to take the racks off every summer (hey, who doesn't want to see his lady dressed skimpy when the weather's right? :wub: ), but have left them inplace year 'round for a long, long time. (See "Fixin' It On The Road" for a complete explanation).

Just be aware that not only can the sire rack's welds crack, so can the sub-frame tabs for the passenger/exhaust brackets (just sayin'):

IMG_0342.jpg

Hey Lee I'm surprised you still have the RC that must be some kind of record the way you change bikes! I found I have to play around with the spacers on the front mounting point of my Tekno bags. I think I Iended up cutting them way down to have the bags run more even with the bike. I also made another set of brackets specifically for my T3 so I can use the bags on both bikes...cause i'm cheap!

+1 on cutting the spacers shorter.  I really don't recall getting any instructions with my Teknos new from Moto Guzzi. I kept monkeying around with the mounting points (and spacers) to get them tucked in nicely. I wish they were further forward (I don't carry passengers). I designed these brackets, but never tried to build them:

mountate.jpg