60* Angle Drive Replacement Option?

Gottagetone

So my speedo stopped working over the weekend and I thought it was the cable....not the case.  Turns out its the 60* angle drive that comes out of the top of the gear box.  I contacted Harper Moto and they say that the part is discontinued.  I did find one on Ebay but am not sure if its the correct part...looks very similar but no part number listed.  

I did find a replacement that is supposed to get rid of the angle drive and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.  Available from Moto International - http://www.motointernational.com/store/speedo-cables-drives--parts/kit-to-improve-speedometer-cable-life

Any input would be appreciated.  If not, I may be providing input.

I found that on TLM and emailed them to ask about shipping.  Its the same part that Moto International sells but at over $100.  Has anyone made the switch?

Edited:

I just ordered the part from TLM.

I'm anxious to hear how this TLM upgrade works out. The first link you made (motoInternational) is for the later black-face ITI.

The angle drives were used with the early white-face Veglia.

Ill let ya know when it arrives and I get it installed.  I actually think they are the same kit but for some reason motointernational lists it as a kit to improve speedometer cable life.  The directions are the same and include the original part #04768300.  

That makes sense since the ITI cable did away with the angle drives.

Maybe it's time sp838 started printing some of those. :thumbsup:

• Like 1