Any members in Philadelphia?

BMWDavid

I see a 2004 Cafe Sport V11 at Manayunk Triumph listed for sale. At $6999.00 its pretty high. Just wanted to know if anyone here has laid eyes on it and if they can give me an idea of what condition it is in.

Thanks!

David - for what it's worth, I paid just a bit less than that for my Scura less than a year ago at a dealer. It had less than 200 miles - so basically brand new. In comparison to the Scura, the Cafe Sport won't require you to buy a whole new flywheel/clutch setup. It also has all the refinements that go with the 2003 and later models. That's a highly desirable V11.

So, yeah, the ask price may seem a bit high, but if it's in pristine, unmodified condition (which it appears to be) - then you will not have much in the way of post-purchase costs unless you choose to modify/personalize it. The dealer will probably give it to you with fresh tune, fluids, and filters too.

Scud-I like what you've said. It will be interesting to get some input from members that can lay eyes on the bike.

David,

I live in Philly.  Manayunk Triumph is just a slight detour off of my daily commute.  If you are still interested in that bike I could stop by one day after work next week.  Send me a PM.

Dan