More info on Tenni starter issues

Batt57

I've posted on here in the past that I've been dealer with an ongoing and intermittent starter issue with my Tenni. So far I've tried removing the starter and having it checked, running a solid ground, and cleaning all the contacts. Nothing seemed to work until today.

In Guzziology, on page 17-18, Dave talks about some relay issues and a way to start a dead bike. He said to turn the key on, ignition switch off, press the starter, then turn on the ignition. This worked!

Do any of you have any idea what this means? He also mention swapping the two front relays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak highly enough of using a full compliment of OMRON relays (and carrying extras for your buddy's dead V11 :rolleyes: )

I looked at Dave's description of that procedure in Guzziology, Version 8.2, and basically he's saying to try and flick the "run/kill" switch on last after the ignition is on, clutch pulled in, starter button already engaged. Not sure why it would make any difference unless there is an underlying issue (like a dirty Run Switch).

Be certain you have the highest quality relays installed and their connections are tight, the battery terminals are tight, that the Ignition Switch itself has been disassembled and cleaned, and the clutch switch "bullet" connectors on the forward left side of the frame under the tank are clean, crimped and sealed.