stupid V11

dangerous

nice, ok so tomorow when I get home and have feed the, boys, chickens, pig and dogs... Ill grab a beer and hed to the garage and remove the shock res and starter cover, Ill await further info... which relay is the starter one? power goes from that to the starter aye?

Hey Darryl,

Would you like me to visit, and bring a meter? I know that you have a hammer, so we should have everything needed to fix your bike.

I still blame you for getting me interested in Moto Guzzis. I don't remember all the details, but things got started with that magnificent home brew of yours, then things got foggy, but there was guzzi books, stories, looking at melted pistons, trophies N stuff in the shed.

You will be able to look over my bike at the same time. Your bike may be newer than mine, but hey, mine starts with the push of a button.

Relay No 1 is the start, look for power at the top Slot (30) I have seen the 15 Amp fuse blow, it really should be a 20 Amp (it draws over 40 Amps for a split second)

---- 30 fed directly from the fuse even with key off

|  |  |

If you poke a wire into 30 & 87 it should crank over, make sure it's in neutral first though

Later V11s (2004) feed the start relay through the ignition switch which is stupid.

Check for 12 Volts at the 30 terminal of relay 1 with the key On then Off, get back.

ohhh nice info, ok ill try and get onto it tomorow... cheers

dd! Good to see you back around! And now we know it was you that roped Marty in! Well done, that! :grin:

ahhh hey Martin so ya did get one yeah? ... anyway did you end up with a pale green one?

Yes, I got a pale green 03 Sport Naked from Wanganui. The license plate says 04, the VIN says 03, and the build standard looks like an 02. The engine cases are finished in a stylish mix of cement, spacle and tar. It needed a lot of work, and still does, so my riding to wrenching ratio is bad.

As they say "Moto Guzzi, making riders into mechanics since 1921".

Luckily this forum saved me from a lot of trials and errors, so I haven't needed to learn how to swear in Italian... except when I was trying to refit the side covers over the stock airbox, or get that grommet back under the alternator cover, or grease that effing front u/joint, or get the injectors out of the throttle bodies, or repair burned electrical connectors, or replace the crankcase ventilation hose, or ...

And I haven't started on pulling the bevel box apart to try fixing backlash.

But what a joy to ride!

I know... even my bloody 5yr old noticed that, yeah Im a twat LOL, but you know how it is right before a big planed ride shit happens so ya asume the worse and well it is MG electrics so it was possable, Wire was very loose on the conector spose it did take 60000km to wiggle off.

• Like 1