Soft saddle bag recommendations

Cyborg

I think it was MartyNZ that pointed out that my "working drawings" are a mixture of metric and inch measure. :wacko:  I seem to recall doing it that way because I would have to source materials in inch measure and dimension the build to the bike in metric.

Tekno supplied the semi-rigid panniers for the Moto Guzzi accessory offered for the V11. they are an expanding type saddle bag of a "cordura-type" Nylon removable by a clever mounting bracket made by KLICKfix of Germany.  First generation had Tekno logos, while the second gen say Moto Guzzi and have more robust construction and improved mounting racks.

Any chance you could post a picture or two of just the mounts that show how they are attached ? Are the rear turn signals relocated or are the mounts wide enough to clear them?

"I am sure there must be places that make panniers for your Moto Guzzi to keep them off of the side of the bike and hold them in place. If not you can always make your own. I fell on my head and made my own for my KLR out of HDPE"

I like the HDPE idea and have sufficient equipment in the garage to turn a couple out.

Then there you go. Go to your local plastics shop and you may find what you need in the scrap bin and for about $50.00 and some of your time and imagination you will have a saddle bag set up that should serve you well. Maybe not fancy but functional. :)

Why would I spend $50, when I can just steal the brides, nice big cutting board?

Good tip on using the plane btw.

Any chance you could post a picture or two of just the mounts that show how they are attached ? Are the rear turn signals relocated or are the mounts wide enough to clear them?

Mounts are like thick wire frames.  Maybe 3/8" dia. "wire", a bit thinner horizontal area where the mount clips on.

Oh, no need to relocate the turn indicators.

Here is a pic of where the clip mount would be.

Cy: If you can live with the white or natural color, then the cutting board will do!

Tekno back side.jpg

gallery_328_223_1217815.jpg

From the looks of the picture it looks as though your next project is a rear tire. :)

I know I said this but really if you need any type of assistance just let me know? As I am sure that when I am able to get a Moto Guzzi I will most assuredly wear people out needing help lol. :)

Another view of the Tekno mounting showing how the turn signals and tail light are obscured from the side (as well as vindicating my tire condition :grin: ):gallery_328_223_602820.jpg

Is there some sort of connection between the Devil's Brigade and Moto Guzzi? In other words, they might have been opposed twins instead of V twins?

Another view of the Tekno mounting showing how the turn signals and tail light are obscured from the side (as well as vindicating my tire condition :grin: ):gallery_328_223_602820.jpg

Is there some sort of connection between the Devil's Brigade and Moto Guzzi? In other words, they might have been opposed twins instead of V twins?

Something about the google translation of that phrase coming out, "The Thick End Is Yet!" makes me want to tighten all the fasteners and check all my bearings  . . . :grin: