A new record for me, 4,000 travel to purchase a Lemans

not-fishing

Where did you go to pick it up ?

Folsom, Ca to Minneapolis, Mn and back again.  

I'm hoping to make a trip in the next couple of years to visit my Uncle in Tennessee on the Lemans.  My longest time riding is 13 hours in a day on my Griso.  It's not so much an Iron Butt but more an Iron Back.  I have to get off every 90 minutes or so because my knees don't like being folded up all the time.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=442659702571301&set=a.442660582571213.1073741827.100004818247685&type=3

The bike originally came from Seattle and one of the previous owners drilled the upper triple clamps for regular bars.  The next owner reinstalled the stock clip-ons.   At $400 for a new triple clamp I'm just going to plug the holes and ride it.

Not sure where Uncle Not-Fishin'  is in Tennessee, but the Fourteenth South'n Spine Raid might bring you closer together!

(East Tennessee on the North Carolina line not far from Georgia/ The weekend after Labor Day in Tellico Plains, TN)

Weekend after labor day 2017???  

Might be a plan but I'm going to limit myself to 800 miles per day on the Lemans.

A man's got to know his limitations......

South'n Spine Raid: Weekend after Labor Day in Tellico Plains, Tennessee, from now on until V11 are so astronomically valuable that no one dares bring them out in public anymore. :rolleyes:

. . . .or they're declared instruments of destruction (is that a rock song?) and we make them all into Scura and only have Spine Raids under the cover of darkness. :ph34r:

• 6 months later...

2000 miles and 4 Days to fly to Overland Park, KS and ride a 1993 SPIII back through Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho and Oregon in July 1997.