Curiosity ?. V11 LeMans Long Distance Tire choice?

JesterGrin_1

Andy gets some good numbers out his tires since he is so insanely smooth. His brakes last forever.

Me? I'm so choppy that I've put like 40 tires on my Sport. Trying to catch Andy York is not the way to get lots of miles on my tires\

Let me tell you a story, Docc. I had been riding in the SoCal canyons for a year or three. When the serious twistys started, the A and B riders disappeared. About 2 corners, and they were gone. I thought I was a decent rider.. like everyone else does. :grin:

Fortunately, one day I was riding with Todd Egan. He followed me a bit, and said, "You're doing everything wrong. Charging corners, getting on the brakes, upsetting the chassis.. etc."  He pulled his bike out about 10 feet in front of me and said, "Follow me. Don't touch the brakes, you won't *need* them. Stay the same distance from me." We proceeded down the Snake and back, then down and up Decker canyon road. Faster by far than I'd ever gone. (!!)   It was truly an eye opener.  Flick it into the corner, start adding throttle all the way through the corner, don't mess with the bike, it is stable. :oldgit: After that, I practiced *a lot,* and could stay with the B riders, and the slower A riders. (!!!) As the years progressed I've slowed down again, but am still much faster than I ever was 20 years ago. Brakes? Still don't use them much.. :)

Chuck,

A video that I've started watching on YouTube is 'Twist of the wrist 2', and one of the principle points the guy makes is about the use of the throttle to set the bikes balance through a corner.

Sounds similar to what you're describing.